Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
10-08-2014, 06:23 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Usually more than once a day unless I'm working that day, out chauffering my Dad around, or totally feeling like crap. If I vanish for more than a day or so it's because I'm too sick to read or write much or things at home are so nuts I just don't have time to do anything else. Mostly it's taking care of Dad or work, but I do have days where I feel really bad and I don't turn up even to read.

10-08-2014, 06:45 PM   #17
Veteran Member

I check PF more than once a day, but for the most part it's just catching up on my sub'd threads. I rarely stray away from those.
10-08-2014, 08:11 PM   #18
Pentaxian

There are people who DON'T check it every day? Heresy.
10-08-2014, 11:59 PM - 2 Likes   #19
Veteran Member

I am subscribed to so many forums that I no longer go out except to take the occasional photos which are never as good as the ones posted so I have to read more forums to find out why

10-09-2014, 04:19 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kozlok Quote
There are people who DON'T check it every day? Heresy.
I doubt , I am checking PF at least every day, even while traveling and overseas....
10-09-2014, 06:44 AM   #21

Original Poster
I must admit that my morning PF-coffee time is not the whole story, because the PF website is always open in my browser and, depending on my workload, every once in a while I take a look at it.

It would be interesting to see the correlation (or anti-correlation) between forum activity and social networking in places like FB, tweeter, etc.. I myself deactivated my facebook almost a year and half ago. Now it seems that I have unintentionally (or unconsciously) have replaced it by PF, which is actually great. I don't even go into comparing an intellectually high level place like PF with FB (no offence to people who like it), just that I'm really happy to spend some time in such a well-defined, well-structured and friendly environment rather than FB.
10-29-2014, 01:25 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fredrious Quote
Is it just me checking PF every single day?
- No.

10-30-2014, 06:08 AM   #23
Forum Member

For a second there I thought you meant that you check your Purple Fringing every day... lol.
But yes, that I am reading your post and commenting on it is proof that I check PF often, if not every day.
I always look for the latest K-30, K-50 picture posts, response to the comments I wrote, and news on the lens tournament, possible FF, the new lenses hinted at at Photokina, etc.
And yes, many times PF is much more iluminating than FB.
10-31-2014, 10:41 PM   #24

QuoteOriginally posted by adwb Quote
I am subscribed to so many forums that I no longer go out except to take the occasional photos which are never as good as the ones posted so I have to read more forums to find out why
Oh so true, haha.
11-01-2014, 06:34 AM   #25
Veteran Member

This site is a big part of my hobby shooting anything that moves or is still. My time to do what I want has been controlled by work. As of October 30th I am retired. Now I will be a pest. What a great site and now that I have the time I will move to the contribution membership.
11-05-2014, 11:41 AM   #26
Veteran Member

I went through two weeks without coming here, or at least not logging in... why, I ask myself, why? I will never get those two weeks back...
11-05-2014, 01:06 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
It's very full of lovers who appreciate and love the photos that are eager for new knowledge and which is interesting here to talk)
and most importantly, there are very friendly and sociable people