Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-15-2008, 12:22 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Keith Olbermann's special comment

I just had to share this with all of you. Very interesting. I guess it comes down to ones frame of reference. Just another journalistic point of view. Deeply troubling none the less.

Watch the VIDEO Here...

The Raw Story | Olbermann special comment slams Bush's golf 'sacrifice'

Ben

Last edited by benjikan; 05-16-2008 at 05:11 AM. Reason: addendum
05-15-2008, 12:44 PM   #2
Veteran Member

to this day i cannot understand how the people of america have chosen Bush

who are these people that voted Bush, what drove them to this choice?

within the next 10 years americans are going to get a wakeup call as to how bad of a shit hole their country is in at the moment, demographically, economically and intellectually.

and the scariest part of it all is, WHOEVER becomes the next president is going to FAIL no matter how much effort they put into fixing the country.

which is going to scare the general public even more, and then you're going to have the same thing we have here in canada, new elections once a year, with the political parties in power changing before they can even try to fix anything.

it is a dark time for us all.

Last edited by Gooshin; 05-15-2008 at 12:54 PM.
05-15-2008, 05:21 PM   #3

I voted for President Bush. What drove me to it? Senator John Kerry and Senator Al Gore.

I can't believe people watch Keith Olbermann.
05-15-2008, 05:53 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Ha! that's funny Gooshin, because many of us in Western Canada can't understand why you idiots in Ontario keep voting Liberal and then go crying for increased transfer payments as your province's economy declines.

Keith Olbermann is a moron.

05-16-2008, 12:04 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Darth Ramirez Quote
Ha! that's funny Gooshin, because many of us in Western Canada can't understand why you idiots in Ontario keep voting Liberal and then go crying for increased transfer payments as your province's economy declines.

Keith Olbermann is a moron.
dont look at me, i would make it so that a party, once elected, could not be overthrown for atleast 4 years, then people would care about who they vote for.

i'm appauled at the ontario general public, they want so much and they all want it now. , no one seems to understand that national development is a long and hard process.

also about transfer payments, please keep in mind this is partly due to the changing formula used to derive said payment, most importantly the fact that it nwo takes into account oil revenues, and the fact that Alberta is booming.... from OIL revenues, has put ontario in a lower position.

plus, what do transfer payments have to do with Bush being in power?
05-16-2008, 02:54 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by patrickt Quote
I voted for President Bush. What drove me to it? Senator John Kerry and Senator Al Gore.

I can't believe people watch Keith Olbermann.
What do you mean you voted? You're in Mexico!
05-16-2008, 03:32 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Here's what I DON'T understand.

1. Canadians and non-USA residents making comments on American politics. Yes, it affects the rest of the world but one would think the thread would at least have been started by an American voter.

2. I take personal offense to being called an idiot for having voted Liberal. I don't think there's room here for:
- name calling
- more importantly Politics

Once in a while, Politics and Religion rear their ugly heads in this Forum - there is NO ROOM for them, in my personal opinion.

05-16-2008, 05:47 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Deeply troubling none the less.
It is indeed deeply disturbing that Keith Olbermann issues political commentary. At least he was funny when he stuck to Sports Center.
05-16-2008, 05:51 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
to this day i cannot understand how the people of america have chosen Bush
We apparently have a different set of values than you...

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
it is a dark time for us all.
...one of which, obviously, is positivity.
05-16-2008, 06:16 AM   #10

Budha Jones: "What do you mean you voted? You're in Mexico!"

I am a U.S. citizen who is a resident of Mexico.
05-16-2008, 06:27 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by carpents Quote
We apparently have a different set of values than you...
so you feel that Bush has lead a succesful administration and steered America towards a better future?
05-16-2008, 07:18 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Why Americans voted for Bush...
For many people--it's choosing between bad and worse.

This upcoming election we're going to be choosing between even badder and even worser.
I'm not excited about any of the candidates.

You can't expect government to fix all of your problems--you have to take at least some of the initiative yourself.

Heather
05-16-2008, 07:48 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Just a few points to underscore:

1.) Not great neutrality in that journalism, despite my agreement for most of his statements. Journalism is about presenting facts, not opinion.

2.) Not everyone voted or agrees or likes Monkey-boy Bush. He has a 27% percent approval rating and in my estimate is one of the key contributors to our rapid decline in the international theater of public opinion. He is ignorant of international affairs, self-righteous, and dangerous. I find very little if anything that I have ever agreed with him on at any level. He does not share my values. I am proud to be an American, I am proud of our troops, but the fact is that this President brought us into a war without just cause and continues to defend a flawed agenda.

3.) In all likelihood, any president coming in at the end of Bush's term is going to be better than that driveling idiot. Given the giant swing from hyper-conservationism over the preceding year or two, I would be highly surprised if another republican gets elected to the big chair come election day.

4.) The above are my opinions, not concerned if anyone agrees or disagrees.
05-16-2008, 08:19 AM   #14
Veteran Member

I think the most scandalous part of the current administration as well as the primary season and the namby pamby lapdog press covering them: just what is a candidate's position on Pentax vs. Canon and Nikon? Does Obama get hot pixels on his K20D, or are they just the stars shining? Just which way does Hillary's DA* lens focus - front or back? Or does she claim correct focus right out of the box? And does McCain support mandatory M42 adaptors for all Pentax bodies out there, after all he was already OLD when the Takumars ruled the Earth. In other words, does he see screw mount as a moral/values issue, or one of free markets?

ps. I'm sure it makes sense for good Pentaxians to fight the evils of Canikon far from home, for else they'd start showing up in our houses, in our hands, and sooner or later someone would push the button, and then we'd have to deal with the resulting images in our own back yard!

Last edited by Nesster; 05-16-2008 at 08:25 AM.
05-16-2008, 08:35 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The biggest problem with politics in N.America is that the system is not democratic. The first-past-the-post system plus large fees for fielding candidates plus media lock-outs plus... the list goes on. I worked for a political party in Canada but what I saw was very disturbing. And it's only a shade of the goings on south of the 49th.

"Democracy is coming... to the USA."
-- Leonard Cohen
Closed Thread