Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
10-13-2014, 10:08 AM   #16
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't wear a watch either. I'm always late and already know it, so don't need the time and don't think the internet is best viewed on a tiny little screen about right for a mouse to view. Maybe it is just right for Mickey Mouse?
Regards!

10-13-2014, 10:23 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I own and wear a smart watch, it's Moto 360 by Motorola.

I'm really liking it so far. First of all, it looks like a proper watch I'd like to wear on my wrist. On the smart part, I get all the notifications from phone on my wrist, so I don't need to pull my phone out all the time. Very convenient after I got used to it. I can just glance at my wrist and decide if it's important. Also, I can dismiss notifications on my wrist and they go away on the phone too.

I've started using voice search a lot after getting the watch. I use it for quick searches (fact finding etc), text/whatsapp quick replies, setting reminders, alarms, taking notes etc. It also tracks my steps and heart rate throughout the day.

Now coming to Apple watch, I don't like what they've done with user interface on the watch. I don't want to fiddle around with it a lot. The app launcher UI seems unnecessary to me on the watch. Plus complex interactions like the digital crown and dedicated button for iMessage seems overdone. Looks like Google and Apple went completely far away from their usual approach. Google's Android Wear interface is very simple, whereas Apple Watch UI seems very complex.
10-16-2014, 01:28 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Thanks for the clarification. My memory is clearly not what it should be. The amount of energy able to be generated by such a mechanism would depend on the inertia of the system (it could be rotary or linear) and the amount of movement involved. Normal daily wear would probably be around 12 hours, so to generate and store about 500mAH of energy at 5Vdc would require an average power input of around 250mW (0.25W) allowing for losses. I wouldn't have thought that would be difficult to achieve, but perhaps the size of the system would preclude its being fitted internally.
Well, just to put things into persective, the Seiko Kinetic Direct Drive technology draws 0,71 microwatts.
10-16-2014, 03:04 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by 6BQ5 Quote
Knowing Apple I'm sure they will come up with an energy harvesting solution
Perhaps they harvest energy from peoples souls..

10-16-2014, 03:25 AM   #20
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
Perhaps they harvest energy from peoples souls..
Ah, so there *is* an explanation for the lines of zombies outside Apple stores at midnight for a product launch!