Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-31-2014, 01:43 PM   #1
Veteran Member

A Site Where People Can Upload Content For Me

Hello everyone,

I'm currently working on a little project with my students. I'm hoping that somebody can direct me to the right place. I'm looking for a file hosting place where people can upload pictures and videos for me to download. I'm going to be working on a video project and I need content from people that live nowhere near me (alumni that have moved far away). I need them to be able to upload high res images and videos that I can download to use in this project.

I need something that can be centralized (so that I don't need to go to various locations to gather the content). Preferably, this is something where they would not need to create an account (if needed, it's ok) in order upload (for ease).

Does anyone know if a website/service like this exists? Is there some other way that I can accomplish this? Pretty much, I'm just looking for a folder for them to be able to drop files into that I would have access to. Thank you!

10-31-2014, 01:50 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Have you looked at dropbox? https://www.dropbox.com/
10-31-2014, 01:52 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by johnyates Quote
Have you looked at dropbox? https://www.dropbox.com/
I use dropbox already and it is very convenient, but can people upload documents to a folder that I create? I've never tried to do that before. I know it can you can share folders with other dropbox users and they can add files to those folders, but can you share them with non dropbox users?
10-31-2014, 01:56 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by reivax Quote
I use dropbox already and it is very convenient, but can people upload documents to a folder that I create? I've never tried to do that before. I know it can you can share folders with other dropbox users and they can add files to those folders, but can you share them with non dropbox users?
if you are in a school/university setting, nowadays they usually have something called "Blackboard" where student enroll in the class can submit homework digitally, and you can share notes, download their work, etc.

10-31-2014, 02:01 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
if you are in a school/university setting, nowadays they usually have something called "Blackboard" where student enroll in the class can submit homework digitally, and you can share notes, download their work, etc.
I'm hoping to find something where people can upload files and not download files. The problem with services like Blackboard is that they have file size limits. That would be fine for pictures, but I don't know if it would work for video files.
10-31-2014, 02:21 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dropbox worked for a creative writing class I took. We could see other group member's work, but not work from other groups. Everyone also got a personal folder that was only used for direct student-teacher interactions. I'd recommend it, certainly far and above BlackBoard, which has just been a terribly experience for me this quarter (only seven more quarters to go, though)!
10-31-2014, 04:39 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reivax Quote
I'm hoping to find something where people can upload files and not download files. The problem with services like Blackboard is that they have file size limits. That would be fine for pictures, but I don't know if it would work for video files.
maybe you can have them upload video to youtube or better, vimeo (weekly limit for free acc), then send you the link.

11-02-2014, 03:52 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
https://disk.yandex.ru/client/disk
You will need to register, but after some 10 GB of shamanism will be free.