Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 37 Likes Search this Thread
11-11-2014, 09:57 AM   #16

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
well here is some nice info for you...

This made us curious about the historic dollar value of a like. So we collected all the results here and ranked them in descending order:
$214.81

Blackbaud, NTEN, and Common Knowledge, in their 2012 Nonprofit Social Networking Benchmark Report, said the average value of a like for non-profits seeking to attract donations, calculated based off total revenue received from a supporter over the 12 months following acquisition, was $214.81.
$136.38

A study by Syncapse, an enterprise social media marketing management company, quantified fans' and nonfans' product spending, loyalty to a company, propensity to recommend a company, brand affinity, media value, and acquisition cost, according to eContentmag. On average, a Facebook fan is worth $136.38 more than a customer who is a nonfan.
$22.93

Syncapse's research also found that a single recommendation from these influencers can generate $22.93 in "earned media value" (i.e. publicity) for a brand.
$8.00

ChompOn, a platform for companies that need a group buying/flash sale platform, analyzed its traffic and found that each like could be worth $8.
$3.60

Vitrue, another social media marketing management firm, found that a fan base of 1 million translates into at least $3.6 million in equivalent media over a year, Adweek reported.
$1.34

Eventbrite analyzed its ticket sales traffic and found a like drives on average $1.34 in ticket sales.
$1.07

Diamond Candles, a Durham, North Carolina-based company with more than 143,000 Facebook likes, found each engagement on the social network was worth 1 cent, and every “advocacy,” in which someone actually recommended the product, was valued at $1.07.
21 cents

Ecwid, an e-shopping cart provider and the self-proclaimed "second largest store-building application on Facebook," found that its e-commerce storefronts on Facebook generate 21 cents per like. For the top 10 percent of stores by sales volume, the value of a "Like" increased to $1.20 a pop, soaring to $21.49 in the top one percent of stores.
$0.00

Forrester, the research group, says each like is actually worth zero. Likes are more akin to "potential energy" in an object that's being held aloft. None of the energy is valorized until something engages the object, which may then fall to earth expending kinetic energy as it goes.

Read more: What Is A Facebook 'Like' Actually Worth In Dollars? - Business Insider

11-11-2014, 10:48 AM - 2 Likes   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by flaviopetrone Quote
I think that Facebook is the place in which everyone likes everything.

I think that here, when you see a post with 2 or 3 likes, you can consider it a good post, because people is not used to give likes for everything.

Anyway, I think that this post is not related with photography...
I do not have facebook, maybe that's why people do not like me
11-11-2014, 11:12 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sergysergy Quote
I do not have facebook, maybe that's why people do not like me
Yes, maybe this is the reason.
11-11-2014, 02:32 PM - 2 Likes   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The best way to get likes is to post photos. As they get better, you get more likes, right?

11-21-2014, 06:57 PM - 1 Like   #20
Veteran Member

I didn't know where it was, but I do now thanks to this thread.
11-25-2014, 12:52 PM - 1 Like   #21
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm realistic...most of my "Likes" are on account of my squirrel Otis. Out of all of them, maybe 6-8 are for me.

Otis claims all of them are for him...and everyone knows Otis is seldom if ever wrong.

Regards!