Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-21-2014, 09:34 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
It's tough being a Raiders fan but I'm almost embarrassed to wear my Giants sweatshirt this year.
Bitch, Bitch, Bitch, thats all you guys do.

try, just for a moment to be a toronto maple leafs fan

47 years since the last championship.

11-21-2014, 10:07 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Al_Kahollick Quote
Geez, even Bill Belichick was fired, by Cleveland! Shanahan wasn't quite a "brilliant young coach" when he was in Oakland: "Shanahan's final Raiders record was 812 in less than two seasons, going 27 after a 65 start." The players (and some of his other coaches) in Oakland hated him! In Fact, after his time in Denver, he was a bust again.
Art Modell fired Belichick as he moved the Cleveland Browns to Baltimore and hired Ted Marchibroda. Marchibroda was a highly respected Offensive Coordinator who had also been a successful Head Coach with the Baltimore Colts. Bill B had no connection with Baltimore. See where I'm going with this?

Shanahan: 20 games, 8-12 record. Rookie coach. Rookies usually need time to grow. And look at the coaching carousel since then.

Shanahan took a Denver team that hadn't won a Super Bowl, whose QB was old and had lost 3 SB's in very convincing fashion, and led them to back-to-back SB wins. And after Elway retired, they went to the playoffs with Jake (Not the Snake) Plummer. And yeah, after 14 mostly successful seasons in Denver, he curdled. He screwed up with McNabb, but I can't hold his final 2 seasons with the Skins against him because the owner basically undermined him with his QB. Anyway, I think Shanahan is done.
11-21-2014, 10:21 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
try, just for a moment to be a toronto maple leafs fan
Is that a basketball team, or baseball team?

11-21-2014, 10:37 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Is that a basketball team, or baseball team?

Very funny, hockey actually!

Baseball, it's been 21 seasons,(92 and 93 World Series Blue Jays) and basketball never actually but the Raptors are only in their 19th season.

There are a lot of people who would like to see the Buffalo Bills move to toronto, but I would rather start over

11-21-2014, 01:12 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
It's tough being a Raiders fan but I'm almost embarrassed to wear my Giants sweatshirt this year.
That Eli-to-Tyree play in the Super Bowl... the Devil is collecting on that, I think.
11-21-2014, 04:28 PM   #21
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Shanahan: 20 games, 8-12 record. Rookie coach. Rookies usually need time to grow

Exactly my point, he was hardly a "brilliant young coach" when he was with Oakland. No one could have known how his coaching career would shape up, so blaming A.D. for firing Shanahan, the brilliant young coach is bullspit!

Washington's ownership was / is a debacle, hence my reference to Mr. Snyder when replying the A.D. situation could've been worse. I think the best thing Snyder has ever done is refuse to change his teams name!
11-27-2014, 08:37 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
You think that's tough. Try being the sole Laker fan in Texas right now. No hope.
11-27-2014, 09:05 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There are a lot of people who would like to see the Buffalo Bills move to toronto, but I would rather start over
Not gonna happen with new ownership. They are probably going to get a new taxpayer funded stadium too.

11-27-2014, 09:20 AM   #24
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Not gonna happen with new ownership. They are probably going to get a new taxpayer funded stadium too.
Yeah. Isn't it great, you have a billion dollars to purchase sports franchise, then you extort a new stadium out of the resident city, else threaten to move. I hope they have the good sense to build a dome

Last edited by Lowell Goudge; 11-28-2014 at 07:01 PM.
11-27-2014, 10:07 AM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I hope they have the good sense to build a dome
Why? The Vikings went to 4 Super Bowls while playing at the old Metropolitan Stadium in Minneapolis. They haven't been back since moving into the Metro Dome...
11-27-2014, 03:51 PM   #26
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Why? The Vikings went to 4 Super Bowls while playing at the old Metropolitan Stadium in Minneapolis. They haven't been back since moving into the Metro Dome...
Yes the Vikings and bills have something else in common 0 for 4 in super bowls,
11-27-2014, 09:28 PM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
It's the same thing, year after year! "They look so good on paper"! I've been a true, dyed-in-the-wool Raider fan since the day they became an official NFL team and I'll die a Raider fan, but it's sure hard to endure this horrendous losing streak they're wallowing in.

I thought for sure Reggie McKenzie could pull them back into the realm of relevance, but it isn't happening. They keep putting the ball in RB Darrin McFadden's hands and he's proven, year after year, that he's just not the talent they had hoped for. They brought in a new RB, Maurice Jones-Drew, thinking he could bolster their running attach, but he's averaging less than 2 yds. per carry. They have who is perhaps the best fullback in the NFL in Marcel Reece and yet, he sees only limited action. He can run the ball like a Mack truck, he can catch the ball and he can even throw a pretty mean pass, but for some reason, they don't use him to their best advantage.

They have three bright spots in their young, rookie QB Derek Carr, the first round draft pick, all-world linebacker Kahlil Mack and the 7th rounder, DB T.J. Carrie. Other than that, they have only a smidgen of true talent on the team.

I think they did the right thing in firing head coach Dennis Allen, but he should never have been hired in the first place. He had no "fire down below," as Bob Segar once crooned about. Tony Sperano, the interim HC, is doing an alright job, considering what he's got to work with, but it looks as if they might be only the second team in history to go 0-16.

If I'm nothing else, I'm loyal.... but it ain't easy bein' Silver & Black!

Dewman
SW Idaho, USA

It's worse being a NY Jets fan believe me !
11-28-2014, 10:34 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Whereas I see baseball as high drama, I see football as high comedy (sometimes in a tragic way, btw.) I mean just look at Kaepernick's hairdo. If he thinks that all he needs to do is play better, he is seriously mistaken.

Raiders and Niners next week. Just bore me, baby!
11-28-2014, 10:38 AM - 1 Like   #29
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lammie200 Quote
Raiders and Niners next week. Just bore me, baby!
Do the 49ers even need to show up to win that one?
11-28-2014, 11:46 AM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Do the 49ers even need to show up to win that one?
Maybe not, but if they do show up they might lose.

49ers are a really funny team this year. Massive injuries on defense, but decent performance. Healthy on offense, but dismal performance. Something is wrong with the coaching as far as I can tell. Hairball was a mediocre player when it mattered and has proven to be a very mediocre coach when it matters. I would be very surprised if he is back next year. I think that his opportunities are passing him by quickly.