Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-28-2014, 09:00 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Non-Camera Black Friday Purchases?

Anyone find a great non-camera Black Friday deal?

11-28-2014, 09:14 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Black Friday isn't just a photography thing? Who knew?!
11-28-2014, 09:28 AM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In a couple of hours, I'm going over to Dry Dock Brewing Co. to get some Vanilla Porter. "Receive a FREE Vanilla Porter Koozie with every 6 pack purchased!"
11-28-2014, 09:42 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Nothing. I don't shop on black friday, but keep an eye on photo sales. Only before week or two. Before it was bunch of t-shirts for $6 which are normally $25. The set for the year till next before black friday

11-28-2014, 02:18 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OK, Vanilla Porter, Double Vanilla Porter and Double Coffee Porter. No need to shop further.

11-28-2014, 05:08 PM   #6
Veteran Member

My SIL snagged a couple of Franco Sarto burgundy croc real leather totes at Tuesday morning for $30 a pop. They were already marked down from like $200 to $68 but then she got a large Black Friday only sale % on top of that and landed them for like $30. I was like "Holy Hannah!" when she told me but then she added. "Want one?" and I was like "F- YEAH!" FYI, I love red croc, but the closest I've ever gotten to owning a $200 designer croc leather bag is all my cheap arse Walmart/Target plastic faux bright red croc purse accessories and my one camera strap which although very nice I am pretty sure isn't real croc either. :P

It can't be top of the line croc, not at $200, but I can't tell the difference, it's darned pretty, and THIRTY DOLLARS? Sweet!!!!!! They had a London Fog faux red leather bag for like $65 last week when I was in there. I loved it but it was a tad above my usual budget for a purse. That one wasn't as nice as this though. This is the same bag on Amazon, I think. The red is always more for some reason but they have the grey and black versions for like $65. That's pretty good I think as most of the old listings seem to be around $175-200 at least before they discontinued the bag. $65 was pretty heavily discounted to begin with. $30? That's a total steal!

http://www.amazon.com/Franco-Sarto-Dixon-Tote-Burgundy/dp/B00G8XOK3G/ref=sr_...+leather+dixon

Last edited by magkelly; 11-28-2014 at 05:14 PM.
11-28-2014, 06:07 PM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
My SIL snagged a couple of Franco Sarto burgundy croc real leather totes at Tuesday morning for $30 a pop. They were already marked down from like $200 to $68 but then she got a large Black Friday only sale % on top of that and landed them for like $30. I was like "Holy Hannah!"
Wow, I'm going to check TM tomorrow morning. Probably too late. What a steal!
I checked the link, it's crocodile embossed cow leather, but still it's very good buy.

Last edited by micromacro; 11-28-2014 at 06:13 PM.
11-29-2014, 12:02 AM   #8
Veteran Member

My SIL snagged a couple of Franco Sarto burgundy croc real leather totes at Tuesday morning for $30 a pop. They were already marked down from like $200 to $68 but then she got a large Black Friday only sale % on top of that and landed them for like $30. I was like "Holy Hannah!" when she told me but then she added. "Want one?" and I was like "F- YEAH!" FYI, I love red croc, but the closest I've ever gotten to owning a $200 designer croc leather bag is all my cheap arse Walmart/Target plastic faux bright red croc purse accessories and my one camera strap which although very nice I am pretty sure isn't real croc either. :P

It can't be top of the line croc, not at $200, but I can't tell the difference, it's darned pretty, and THIRTY DOLLARS? Sweet!!!!!! They had a London Fog faux red leather bag for like $65 last week when I was in there. I loved it but it was a tad above my usual budget for a purse. That one wasn't as nice as this though. This is the same bag on Amazon, I think. The red is always more for some reason but they have the grey and black versions for like $65. That's pretty good I think as most of the old listings seem to be around $175-200 at least before they discontinued the bag. $65 was pretty heavily discounted to begin with. $30? That's a total steal!

http://www.amazon.com/Franco-Sarto-Dixon-Tote-Burgundy/dp/B00G8XOK3G/ref=sr_...+leather+dixon
I didn't read the whole thing, sorry. I kind of figured at $200 originally it might be printed cow but I wasn't sure. I just knew it was real leather according to the tags inside. It doesn't say which kind actually, but it feels real nice when you touch it. Looks like real croc, my SIL says. Actual croc is usually a lot more than that but even if it's cow it's a very nicely made bag and real leather, not faux. I'm not complaining. For $30 I can't even hardly find a decent faux croc bag, let alone one that's real leather.

I managed to fit all my regular stuff in mine but not my tablet and a M43 camera. It's nicely sized but a bit smaller than my last bag. No big deal. I probably would not tote this one around while shooting anyhow. I prefer my cross body bags for that. I do have a padded carrier bag just for my tablets. This is a show off bag, not a work bag, laugh, and it's not like I don't have several little 5mp pocket cameras I couldn't stick in there if I really wanted to be prepared for anything....

Last edited by magkelly; 11-29-2014 at 12:08 AM.
11-29-2014, 04:38 AM   #9
Pentaxian

I didn't read the whole thing, sorry. I kind of figured at $200 originally it might be printed cow but I wasn't sure.
No worries, it's really good buy, quality cowhide is good thing, but croc for that price would be "never happens deal". It's not often when TM has nice bags in stock and on sale. I'm going there to check anyway although I stopped using leather bags since I bought DSLR.

I'm hunting for baggallini bags. I have their Luggage hobo tote,

and it's extremely comfortable to carry a camera in insert even with big sigma 70-300mm, and water bottle in side pockets. Since I bought K5iis with grip, I need bigger/wider bag now for that combo. Baggallini would be an ideal to find. It's extremely light, but durable.