Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-23-2008, 08:55 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Just because the feedback is positive doesn't mean that you can't say anything you want to say in the comments.

Believe me, there are buyers that are out to scam sellers.

Heather

05-23-2008, 12:11 PM   #17
Veteran Member

I think this change is crap. Not being able to leave negative feedback for a bad buyer is needed to warn other sellers about people who try and extort discounts after the fact and non-payers.

A more fair system would have just been blind feedback. IE you don't know what the other person said until you post feedback for them or the time to enter feedback expires.
05-23-2008, 12:56 PM   #18
Ed in GA

QuoteOriginally posted by Geekybiker Quote
I think this change is crap. Not being able to leave negative feedback for a bad buyer is needed to warn other sellers about people who try and extort discounts after the fact and non-payers.
I have had this happen twice to me. One of them I just told the buyer to ship it back to me and it would refund the shipping both ways. He decided to keep it.

The other one claimed the item I shipped did not work. I had already represented it as being an item needing repair. I just gave him his money back. He never left feedback at all so neither did I. Had I held my gound, I would have gotten negative feedback from him. With their new system, it's a one way street.

As a small seller, one or two unfounded negative feedbacks can be the kiss of death. Unscrupulous buyers know that.

QuoteQuote:
A more fair system would have just been blind feedback. IE you don't know what the other person said until you post feedback for them or the time to enter feedback expires.
Think this is a good idea.

One of the things I have done is to list on e-bay with BIN or best offer. My BIN is typically a little high so when I get an offer, I can look at the buyers history and decide to either accept or decline.
06-03-2008, 02:54 PM   #19
Inactive Account

Over 600 personal transactions on Ebay for me (mostly as a seller - selling postage stamps). I had two negatives that were sent to me from those that I left negatives for (I was the buyer in both cases). I think this is a welcome change.

c[_]

P.S. Not everyone on Ebay in unscrupulous.

06-03-2008, 04:45 PM   #20
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ed in GA Quote

One of the things I have done is to list on e-bay with BIN or best offer. My BIN is typically a little high so when I get an offer, I can look at the buyers history and decide to either accept or decline.
Actually, this sounds like a really good idea. I never thought of it like that. You get to cherry-pick your buyers . I suppose the fee structure is different though. I'll have to read up on it.