Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-21-2008, 07:26 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
eBay: no more feedback revenge

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I just left feedback to a seller and a pop up on eBay informed me that: I no longer have to be afraid of negative feedback from sellers because they can't give neutral or negative feedback to buyers. So I should leave honest feedback whatever it is.

It's been more than once that I got neutral only after I left neutral.

05-21-2008, 08:02 AM   #2
Ed in GA

QuoteOriginally posted by Matjazz Quote
I just left feedback to a seller and a pop up on eBay informed me that: I no longer have to be afraid of negative feedback from sellers because they can't give neutral or negative feedback to buyers. So I should leave honest feedback whatever it is.

It's been more than once that I got neutral only after I left neutral.
That's a policy change for which I completely disagree.

What this is going to cause is that neither party will be willing to post feedback or negative feedback will be used as a tool with which the buyer can manipulate the seller.

Bad idea.

Last edited by Ed in GA; 05-21-2008 at 08:21 AM.
05-21-2008, 08:03 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
And what does that solve? So now every buyer is a good person to deal with? What horse crap. I've seen an ever increasing number of honest sellers getting ripped off over the last year, and they've just added to the problem.
05-21-2008, 01:50 PM   #4
BPT
Veteran Member

In other words their buyer feedback is completely irrelevant.

05-21-2008, 02:01 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ed in GA Quote
That's a policy change for which I completely disagree.

What this is going to cause is that neither party will be willing to post feedback or negative feedback will be used as a tool with which the buyer can manipulate the seller.

Bad idea.
Yet what you state has been used by sellers against buyers since the inception of ebay. I have refused to leave feed back on negative experiences in order to keep my feedback record clean from vindictive sellers.

I even had one seller refuse to give me a refund until I left positive feedback for him and ebay was no help what so ever.
05-21-2008, 04:38 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
Yet what you state has been used by sellers against buyers since the inception of ebay. I have refused to leave feed back on negative experiences in order to keep my feedback record clean from vindictive sellers.

I even had one seller refuse to give me a refund until I left positive feedback for him and ebay was no help what so ever.
Very true Tom.... and the odds have always been in the favor of the unscrupulous sellers. When a seller did get a negative feedback, it was one rating among thousands. A big seller could have hundreds of bad ratings and still have a 99% positive rating. But most buyers take a huge hit if they get even one negative feedback.

I do think the sellers need a way to ID deadbeats and cheats, but the previous situation was very unbalanced. Hopefully this is just the first step toward a better ebay.
05-21-2008, 05:27 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Ebay just keeps getting worse. I use it less and less -- and as it becomes more hostile to average people selling stuff they no longer need, it keeps getting filled with people that use it as a store front to hock junk they know nothing about. But whatever.

05-21-2008, 10:36 PM   #8

Offtopic:

Just found a realy funny ebay feedback.
05-21-2008, 10:51 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by skaktuss Quote
The image appears to be in accessible through your link, but this one should work
05-22-2008, 01:59 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Hahahaha hahahahhaha

That is really a funny "WTF" feedback!

Thanks skaktuss.
05-22-2008, 03:21 AM   #11
Inactive Account

Ebay must have changed other rules around feedback, too. They used to only count positive feedback once from a seller even if you did repeat purchases and received positive feedback. My score jumped up suddenly from 51 to 57 and I hadn't made any purchases lately.
05-22-2008, 04:49 AM   #12
Ed in GA

QuoteOriginally posted by J.Scott Quote
Ebay must have changed other rules around feedback, too. They used to only count positive feedback once from a seller even if you did repeat purchases and received positive feedback. My score jumped up suddenly from 51 to 57 and I hadn't made any purchases lately.

Yep, here's the link.

Feedback Changes Going Into Effect Today
05-22-2008, 05:58 AM   #13
Veteran Member

i'm glad for those changes. i had a few sellers that screwed me turn around and f'up my rating. got all my points now and a new color star heh.
05-22-2008, 06:48 AM   #14
Veteran Member

I have to say it's a welcome change.
05-22-2008, 07:04 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This change totally makes sense. All the advantages are with the seller anyway. They have the money whether they deliver the good or not. And they can insist on instant payment. How many crap buyers are there in proportion to crap sellers?