Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-29-2014, 05:19 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Big game for BSU tonight on ESPN2!

If the Boise State University Broncos (9-2) beat Utah State (10-1) tonight at home, in Boise (8:15 p.m. MT, ESPN2) they will play for the Mountain West Division championship. If they are successful and win both games, they will go on to be in one of the Big Five bowl games, either the Fiesta, Cotton or Peach Bowl! Since the year 2000, BSU has a home-field record of 90-4! Unheard of in any sport, much less football!

GO BRONCOS!
Dewman
SW Idaho, USA

11-29-2014, 06:14 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Might be related to the color of the turf at your stadium. That is brutal.
11-29-2014, 12:48 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
Might be related to the color of the turf at your stadium. That is brutal.

I couldn't agree more! Funny thing, that. Folks here are rabid about their blue turf, totally bonkers! There was a movement a few years back to replace it with the more traditional green and there was a tremendous uproar.... almost a riot! It has become a very iconic symbol of Boise State University and they firmly believe it is their "force." With a record of 90-4 "on the blue," I'm not sure I could put up a good argument against them!

The perfect scenario would be.... BSU wins the next two games and goes on to play Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl! That would be the most talked about game of the season, due to BSU's upsetting Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl in 2007. Oklahoma had been mouthing off continually for a couple of weeks before the big game, saying they would have preferred playing against a more "competitive" opponent. Double overtime, BSU wins on a do-or-die, two-point conversion.... the old Statue of Liberty play! BSU wins by a point. It is considered by most authorities as the best Bowl game of all time. Here's a very good highlight reel of the game. Love the song in the background. As one commenter said, "It gives me chills."

If you happen to watch the game, keep an eye on our running back, Jay Ajayi. He's something to behold. I don't think there's a RB in college now who gets more yardage after initial contact. He's a real head-banger!

Dewman
SW Idaho, USA
11-29-2014, 07:33 PM   #4
Pentaxian

No offense but I don't like Boise St. I can't stand that blue field. If they are playing away I might watch, but not on the blue turf. Make it green like everyone else.

11-29-2014, 07:44 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by alamo5000 Quote
No offense but I don't like Boise St. I can't stand that blue field. If they are playing away I might watch, but not on the blue turf. Make it green like everyone else.

No offence taken, Alamo.... I'm not real crazy about the blue either, but, like I said, you'd have a war on your hands if you tried to change it! To me, it's kinda' like having body piercings all over your face, trying to attract someone's attention! Let your play on the field get the attention, not the BLUE TURF! But, they swear it's their "mojo." Yeah.... whatever. But, BSU IS a good football team, regardless.

Have you seen Eastern Washington University's field? Would you believe RED TURF? It hurts your eyes, really!

Dewman
SW Idaho, USA
11-29-2014, 08:17 PM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
No offence taken, Alamo.... I'm not real crazy about the blue either, but, like I said, you'd have a war on your hands if you tried to change it! To me, it's kinda' like having body piercings all over your face, trying to attract someone's attention! Let your play on the field get the attention, not the BLUE TURF! But, they swear it's their "mojo." Yeah.... whatever. But, BSU IS a good football team, regardless.

Have you seen Eastern Washington University's field? Would you believe RED TURF? It hurts your eyes, really!
There are only two teams that I really steer clear of... Boise St because of that blue field... and BYU. I don't like BYU. If that other school has red turf I will change the channel on them in a heartbeat. I've seen that red field and it gives me a headache.

Anyone else, I can and will watch considering it's a good game. 48 to 6 at the end of the 1st is not a 'good game'... even teams I really like get turned off at that point.