Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
12-03-2014, 09:34 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
RIP Ian McLagan

QuoteQuote:
Legendary keyboardist Ian McLagan is dead at 69, according to his official website.The British musician died at a hospital in Austin Wednesday after suffering a stroke Tuesday.
In 1966, McLagan replaced keyboardist Jimmy Winston in English rock band Small Faces, scoring hits with the group such as Lazy Sunday, All or Nothing and Tin Soldier. When singer/guitarist Steve Marriott left in 1969 to form Humble Pie, the remaining members founded Faces, welcoming Ronnie Wood and Rod Stewart into the mix.
When Faces split in 1975, McLagan became a sideman who toured and recorded with the likes of the Rolling Stones, Bonnie Raitt, Bruce Springsteen, Keith Richards, Bob Dylan and Billy Bragg. He released debut solo album, Troublemaker, in 1979, and toured with his own Bump Band for the last two decades.

12-09-2014, 04:08 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sad
12-09-2014, 07:12 PM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
It's sad for his family, of course, but, as I watch the familiar names from my youth and early adult years fall off the perch, I reflect on the other iconic things and people from that era that have now been lost. People, buildings and natural places all become just memories, but the music and works of other artists can persist with minimum effort on the part of those who remain. It's a lesson for the rest of us, to create and preserve our own important works, to ensure succeeding generations can choose to do the same.
12-09-2014, 08:53 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
It's sad for his family, of course, but, as I watch the familiar names from my youth and early adult years fall off the perch, I reflect on the other iconic things and people from that era that have now been lost. People, buildings and natural places all become just memories, but the music and works of other artists can persist with minimum effort on the part of those who remain. It's a lesson for the rest of us, to create and preserve our own important works, to ensure succeeding generations can choose to do the same.
I never thought of it in exactly that way.