Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
12-04-2014, 06:17 PM   #16
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Jim, would I ever ban you?
Otis bet more than I can cover that you wouldn't even hesitate, then dared me again!

Regards!

12-04-2014, 07:02 PM - 1 Like   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
... "Innocent until proven guilty"...
This is an expression that I have never understood. Wouldn't it be more logical to say "Innocent unless proven guilty?" The word "until" implies that the subject will eventually be proven guilty. That expression is used ubiquitously. I don't get it.

Someone can close the thread now. I am finished .
12-04-2014, 07:10 PM - 1 Like   #18
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
That's been a pet peve of mine as well. Kudos for bringing that up!
12-04-2014, 07:50 PM - 1 Like   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lammie200 Quote
This is an expression that I have never understood. Wouldn't it be more logical to say "Innocent unless proven guilty?" The word "until" implies that the subject will eventually be proven guilty. That expression is used ubiquitously. I don't get it.
I'm getting out of here before I do get in trouble, but Otis wanted to add that his idea of justice is more in line with "Hang them all and let God sort it out." .......I bet that would work well for squirrel hunters too, squirrel tails make for easy hanging!

Regards!

12-05-2014, 07:13 AM   #20
Veteran Member

So disappointed! You guys have let me down, and now, after 24 hours without being CLOSED, I have to pay up to Otis. 50# of roasted peanuts are not cheap, and right here at Christmas it may mean that I won't be able to afford the oil and filter change for Mrs Rupert's car I was planning to surprise her with.

What went wrong here? I was certain that we had some hangovers from the old P&R days that would set this thread on fire? Where are the days of anger and rage that you could always count on 24/7? I recall those days when we had posters that would turn on their own mother if it meant winning an argument. I saw people on the Left go Right just to anger their adversary and vice versa. I saw people that had no idea at all about the subject they were arguing about, yet would lay down their life to defend a position that they didn't even agree with, just to win a point. I saw friends become enemies....and enemies become friends...Oh the humanity!

What happened to you guys? Where did you go? I was counting on you, and you failed....now my Christmas may be ruined and once again I will be taunted by Otis that he is "never wrong".

Otis claims his success on this bet was due to estrogen. As those old P&R posters got older, estrogen replaced their testosterone and made them "girly". I never argue with Otis...........

Regards!
12-05-2014, 08:09 AM   #21
Pentaxian

You're really doing your best here aren't you Rupert....

You're just not going to be happy until you've got someone going..

Unfortunately, there's only so much time in a day.

My position with the police is sure they do some things we don't like, but they wouldn't have been there if somebody didn't call them. They only come when people can't handle their own business. And if you can't handle your own business, you shouldn't blame others for the job they do when they come to clean it up. Cause obviously whatever you thought was the right thing to do , didn't work out the way you thought it should.

What that has to do with testosterone, I'm not sure.

Last edited by normhead; 12-05-2014 at 08:21 AM.
12-05-2014, 09:27 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
You're just not going to be happy until you've got someone going.
Well, it won't be you Norm. With a sensible reply like that you wouldn't last in the old P&R 5 minutes. People on all sides would attack you and accuse you of being radically reasonable.

Testosterone....estrogen...??? I don't know, but Otis claims that's the answer that got him 50# of roasted peanuts!

Regards!

12-05-2014, 09:32 AM   #23
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
you wouldn't last in the old P&R 5 minutes
There were days that you didn't.

As I remember it, Norm and I were both perfect gentlemen in P&R.
12-05-2014, 09:50 AM   #24
Veteran Member

As I remember it, Norm and I were both perfect gentlemen in P&R.
Yeah, like I was the reasonable one...remember?

Here is an idea for Adam.....he seemed to like one of my ideas a little recently.....although I did fail to mention it was really Otis' idea I stole from him.

If, heaven forbid, action here at PF dwindles and misfires, owing to Pentax announcing they will never make a FF...resulting in the loss of many members due to immediate suicide.......Adam could announce the temporary reopening of P&R, calling it a PF P&R Reunion. I can only imagine how many of us would rush to the site to fellowship with our old buddies and relive the "good 'ol days"! Yep, you could count me in....where is the Ratlady.....I know she would be first in line!

Anyhow, that is another of Otis' ideas I stole, but one he says has zero chance of implementation, and we all know Otis is seldom wrong! Nevertheless he will take your bet if you think it has a chance.

Regards!
12-05-2014, 10:01 AM   #25
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
That's been a pet peve of mine as well. Kudos for bringing that up!
Didn't think of it before, and I am not a lawyer, but after doing an internet search I can see that there is some debate on the phrase in the law industry. Most of what I see seems to correct the phrase to include "unless" not "until."
12-05-2014, 10:01 AM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I like "Bad boys, bad boys, what you gonna do when they come for you" better to tell you the truth.