Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-23-2008, 11:38 AM   #1
Ed in GA

Intersting observation......

Most of us who post here seem to always be buying, or selling, something. A Lens, an accessory & etc.

I was just going through all of the boxes I have stacked in the corner of my office which I use to ship. Most of the boxes are ones in which something was sent to me.

Out of the 20 or so boxes, two of them had come directly to me from B & H and a couple from amazon. The rest are boxes in which someone here on the forum, or e-bay, had shipped to me and the bulk of them are......

Yep, re-used B & H or Amazon boxes and a couple of them look like they've been used three or four times.

Can you tell that it's a slow day?

Last edited by Ed in GA; 05-23-2008 at 11:56 AM.
05-23-2008, 11:59 AM   #2
Veteran Member

want to ship me something?

we should just ship each other something silly, like paperclips or post it notes.
05-23-2008, 12:20 PM   #3
Syb
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The idea is pretty cool, too bad that I need my money for more crucial things like UV-filters... Syb
05-23-2008, 12:28 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Syb Quote
The idea is pretty cool, too bad that I need my money for more crucial things like UV-filters... Syb
you cant spare 2 bucks to ship a paperclip?

05-23-2008, 12:45 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Recycled Boxes - and traveling lenses!!

QuoteOriginally posted by Ed in GA Quote
Most of us who post here seem to always be buying, or selling, something. A Lens, an accessory & etc.

I was just going through all of the boxes I have stacked in the corner of my office which I use to ship. Most of the boxes are ones in which something was sent to me.

Out of the 20 or so boxes, two of them had come directly to me from B & H and a couple from amazon. The rest are boxes in which someone here on the forum, or e-bay, had shipped to me and the bulk of them are......

Yep, re-used B & H or Amazon boxes and a couple of them look like they've been used three or four times.

Can you tell that it's a slow day?
RE: Boxes traveling back and forth across the globe -- Peter Zack thinks every M-50/2.0 ever made has circled the globe three times since ebaY opened - either attached to a camera somebody wanted to buy or (after the fact) attached to a camera somebody wanted to sell (so they could get rid of the lens).

P.S. - a genuine Pentax 49mm lens cap or rear cap is $4.95 at KEH. Thus the average $15 M-50/2 is $10 worth of caps and $5 worth of glass.

P.P.S. Since all the genuine Pentax lens caps have been harvested from all the f/2.0 lenses and added to the M's we want to keep, where is the graveyard of the original genuine Pentax lens caps?

P.P.P.S. the clock moves slower as the sun gets lower.

Last edited by monochrome; 05-23-2008 at 12:52 PM.
05-23-2008, 01:04 PM   #6
Veteran Member

i always wanted to know what would happen to a person who would circle the globe in a plane, counter-rotation, in less than 24 hours.
05-23-2008, 02:11 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You would arrive at the end of yesterday, of course. Didn't you see the Superman movie?