Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-29-2014, 03:58 PM   #1

Places to sell gear online

I have a few M42 lenses and film bodies to sell. I have previously sold on eBay but their 10% fee is too much. Add to that PayPal fees...

I want to ask if you know any good places to sell used photographic gear online like forums and such which don't require paying fees. Or if they do require fees, the fees should be low, like 2-3%. The more busy the place, the better.

(I know there is marketplace in this forum but I have non-Pentax gear that I don't think would sell here)

12-29-2014, 04:10 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
When you find a good place, let me know. I am not very happy with eBay "highway robbers". I have several Ricoh 50s for sale and they are all beauties.
12-29-2014, 04:57 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by misomosi Quote
I have a few M42 lenses and film bodies to sell. I have previously sold on eBay but their 10% fee is too much. Add to that PayPal fees...

I want to ask if you know any good places to sell used photographic gear online like forums and such which don't require paying fees. Or if they do require fees, the fees should be low, like 2-3%. The more busy the place, the better.

(I know there is marketplace in this forum but I have non-Pentax gear that I don't think would sell here)
eBay and PayPal may charge fees, but you need to look at your total return. If your total fees are like 12-13% with eBay and PP, but other places have a 30% lower selling price, then you are ahead selling on eBay.
12-29-2014, 05:03 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by misomosi Quote
You can sell non-Pentax stuff here: our rules allow any item that's related to photography. So, even if it's a non-Pentax lens or camera, you might find a buyer.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-29-2014, 05:57 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
You could also try selling on/through Amazon. I don't know if that's any cheaper in terms of fees though.