Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2015, 10:22 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Travelling to Poland in May

Hey everyone, I'm planning to take a trip to Poland in May, all by myself. I plan on visiting Warsaw for a couple days, travel to Krakow by train, explore it for one day, then take a train to Auschwitz for a one day tour, then back to Krakow for two more days, and back to Warsaw for my flight home. I plan on visiting a lot of places and I'll list them here:

Warsaw:

1. Lazienki Park & Palace
2. Old town
3. Wilanow Palace
4. Castle Square
5. Royal Castle
6. Life under Communism Museum
7. Powazki Cemetary
8. Jewish Cemetary
9. Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
10. Barbican
11. Saxon Gardens
12. Warsaw Ghetto
13. National Museum of Warsaw
14. Umschlagplatz

Krakow:

1. Church of Virgin Mary
2. Market Square
3. Corpus Christi
4. Franciscan Church
5. Schindler Factory
6. Wawel Castle
7. Planty Park
8. Jagiellonian University
9. Krakus Mound
10. Church St. Peter & St. Paul
11. Rakowicki Cemetary
12. Barbican
13. St. Joseph Church
14. Lover's Bridge
15. Royal Way

Let me know if you have any recommendations or suggestions for a better experience of the culture. I'm debating on whether or not to visit the salt mines that are near Krakow. Thanks in advance guys!

01-25-2015, 11:10 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The strange color that dominates the landscape there in the spring is green. I have family in Las Vegas the area does tend to be a bit desolate.

If you can take all that in in the few days you are there that will be something. Make sure you put the camera down once in awhile. It is okay not to photograph everything.
01-25-2015, 11:19 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
The strange color that dominates the landscape there in the spring is green. I have family in Las Vegas the area does tend to be a bit desolate.

If you can take all that in in the few days you are there that will be something. Make sure you put the camera down once in awhile. It is okay not to photograph everything.
Vegas definitely sucks in a way, but I moved away from there last summer and now I'm in Bulgaria for school
01-30-2015, 04:11 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Salt mines in Wieliczka are well worth the time and money you will spend on them. I've been there some three years ago and I'm still impressed. It's culture and nature and history and art blended together.

And Wieliczka itself (overground) is nice miner's town, too.

The best time to go there is workday's morning. We were there on monday 9 o'clock and were able to enjoy mines without crowds of tourists everywhere.

01-30-2015, 04:52 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by elektrolitr Quote
Salt mines in Wieliczka are well worth the time and money you will spend on them. I've been there some three years ago and I'm still impressed. It's culture and nature and history and art blended together.

And Wieliczka itself (overground) is nice miner's town, too.

The best time to go there is workday's morning. We were there on monday 9 o'clock and were able to enjoy mines without crowds of tourists everywhere.
I was thinking of going on a guided tour in the mines, because they visit places reserved only for people with guides...not sure yet though...I'm gonna be in Poland from May 15-24th, two days more than I had originally planned because...why not? Haha
01-30-2015, 06:24 AM   #6

Visit to Warsaw, Poland (EU).

Pls add:
* The Warsaw Uprising (1944) Museum (!);
* Frederic Chopin Museum;
I like ZOO-Gardens and kids appreciate "Kopernik" Educational Centre.
The panoramic view from top-floor platform of Stalin-style Palace of Culture & Science might be astonishing depending on the weather & visibility.
If you happen to be on Sunday morning (9-13 am?), there is popular among photographers photo equipment exchange (flee-market) in "Stodoła" students club (Batorego Street), go there!

-----
QuoteOriginally posted by hmirchev Quote
Warsaw
01-30-2015, 07:02 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Grrrrr.......guess I'm staying two more days in poland so I can see everything XD I'm gonna do couchsurfing so I can meet new people as well. I'm definitely visiting those two museums and the flea market, but I'll skip the zoo because I'm traveling alone and I've seen plenty of zoos thank you for the awesome suggestions

As of right now, my trip spans from the 15th of May till the 26th.