Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-21-2015, 03:20 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Only a few days away - I leave Saturday.

Turns out my dad, who I have had no contact with for 50 years until a month ago, and his 3rd wife will drive 300 miles from Midland to meet me at the Alamo.

My schedule is jammed full and no doubt I will just have to miss some of the fringe ideas...

10-21-2015, 04:08 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Only a few days away - I leave Saturday.

Turns out my dad, who I have had no contact with for 50 years until a month ago, and his 3rd wife will drive 300 miles from Midland to meet me at the Alamo.

My schedule is jammed full and no doubt I will just have to miss some of the fringe ideas...
Wow - 50 yrs! Great that you'll see each other while you're here. Weatherwise, we've had almost no rain for 3 or 4 months, but t-storms are forecast for most of the weekend here in DFW. Sunday looks nice with much cooler temps than we've seen lately. Not sure what's on tap down in San Antone, but will likely be similar, with temps a bit warmer. Have a great trip
10-22-2015, 06:01 PM   #33
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Wow - 50 yrs! Great that you'll see each other while you're here. Weatherwise, we've had almost no rain for 3 or 4 months, but t-storms are forecast for most of the weekend here in DFW. Sunday looks nice with much cooler temps than we've seen lately. Not sure what's on tap down in San Antone, but will likely be similar, with temps a bit warmer. Have a great trip
I only have Sunday in Dallas - hate to walk around Dealey Plaza and grave-hunting in the rain...and I was planning to not bring a jacket :-)
10-23-2015, 07:12 AM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I hope the weather is nice when you're in San Antonio. The Riverwalk is one of my favorite places to spend an afternoon. Plenty of fine restaurants with outdoor seating next to the river.

Last edited by wtlwdwgn; 10-23-2015 at 07:18 AM.
10-29-2015, 08:47 PM   #35
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
The Riverwalk...
I did that - a little. Step-mother in a wheelchair could not make sense of a map, and we encountered an out-of-service elevator while she was looking for a restroom and we had to double back to the Hyatt. After that, we went the other direction a bit, and then we split up and I continued to Houston area and they went to the Alamo :-).

Surprisingly, only heavy overcast and a couple feeble attemps at drizzling in Dallas, and sunny in San Antonio, Houston and Galveston.
11-04-2015, 10:26 PM   #36
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I'll be posting vacation shots here...over the next few days as I work through them.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/76-non-pentax-cameras-canon-nikon-etc/878...ml#post3421519