I've owned and worn them for years; they're the best! 411.11%
Are you kidding, I wouldn't be caught dead in them! 25.56%
What the heck is he talking about? 3083.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-02-2008, 05:18 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
We'll have to get these guys to spend a winter in northern NY so they can learn why they make boots.
Just try Northern Québec! Then, you'll be glad to spend your winters in upstate New York. Last winter, in Québec city, some houses were completely buried under the snow. For myself, in my side yard, the snow was packed 8ft. (2 1/2 meters) high.

06-02-2008, 08:24 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The 'ol Blundstones were a permanent fixture at our back door on the farm back in the 70's & 80's. They were tough, cheap and oh so comfortable....but not exactly what you would call fashionable or stylish.

Actually you could profile people by their boots & beer: (welllll.... sort of)

Example: a bloke in RM's, sucking on a Crownie or a bloke in a pair of Blunnies taking a long pull on a Coopers.......very different people.

Last edited by Mallee Boy; 06-02-2008 at 08:36 PM.
06-02-2008, 11:37 PM   #18
Inactive Account

Gimme a Cooper's anyday. Crownies taste like someone's already drunk them.
06-03-2008, 01:41 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I want a pair of Doc Martens or some Standard Issue Army boots (if you have a pair and don't use it, I wear 42, European )

06-03-2008, 03:27 AM   #20
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
I want a pair of Doc Martens or some Standard Issue Army boots (if you have a pair and don't use it, I wear 42, European )
I tried Doc Martins - may as well cast my feet in a block of cement! The ones I tried were heavy and quite uncomfortable.

Hey guys, I wasn't asking about snowshoes and winter footgear, but thanks for the input! I wear size 13 so they are damn near snowshoes all on their own. My son wears size 15. The boy has good understading.

If I couldn't wear Blundstones I'm not sure what would be a decent second choice.
06-03-2008, 06:04 AM   #21

I've been a Blundie wearer since I was 13. Sh!t thats 18 years.
Last year I probably bout my last pair but. They are now being made overseas and they have changed somthing in the design. After 18 years in them all of a sudden I get blisters from them cos they dont fit as snug as they used too.
So if any1 has a good second recomendation to these I would love too hear it!
06-03-2008, 06:38 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Being from minnesota I will have to throw in with Red Wing Boots:

Red Wing Shoes

They've been hand making boots and shoes for a hundred years now and are some of the best quality footwear you can find.

06-03-2008, 11:07 AM   #23
Pentaxian

Boots?

I moved to the city to avoid wearing boots. Every kid in my town had a pair of black rubber wellingtons.

Since going to film school there's a new footwear dress code:

06-04-2008, 03:39 AM   #24
mfc

HMMM blundstones , boots for people who cant tye there laces , a realy realy good way to bugger up youre feet in rough country , dogs love the elastic once soaked in sweat, bad fit compared to good boots.
trendy ,hence there cost and manufacture overseas
ill take my walking boots {scarpa} anyday pluss you just resole them when the soles go
ive had one pair for 17 years{the uppers}
doc's are ok ,if you find them heavy get the shoes
06-04-2008, 07:42 AM   #25
Pentaxian

Flyer, I think i'll pass on northern Quebec, our Adirondack winters are bad enough. We had some pretty deep snow here last winter also. Most of the winter is spent in heavy insulated Rocky's or Sorels. Its Red Wings at work because they hold up better. I'm in boots most of the time because I have to, not because I like them. I grew up in Fla. and only wore shoes to school. The rest of time I was barefoot or flip flops. Spring is here, the mud is dried up and the boots are in the closet.