Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-05-2015, 06:28 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
ISO Fluent and Patient Arabic Speaker

As the title says. I realize that this is a huge long shot but I figured what the hell, why not

I'm working on developing my proficiency level and would really love to just talk (over Skype I guess?). I'm in a class right now with five other students. Because I'm the most advanced in my class (and significantly so as I have a foundation in the language from studying it several years ago, and we are barely one month into the 6 month program) the teacher understandably prioritizes speaking to the other students.

So yea - just someone to share some 1-on-1 conversations with talking about my day, daily schedule, describing my surroundings and hobbies, etc so I can practice vocab and be corrected as needed, specifically in Modern Standard Arabic (bil Fus-ha) as I'm not at a level to use colloquial/dialect yet.

Like I said, a huge long shot but I figured there may be a fellow Pentaxian among such an international group that would enjoy preventing a language learner from butchering the language (too badly)

Thanks!

-Heie

P.S. There was a discussion a few weeks back about how I wouldn't be available to write reviews anymore for PF for the time being - this is why

Last edited by Heie; 03-05-2015 at 06:35 PM.
03-06-2015, 06:51 PM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

I'll ask around! Would you also be interested in resources on Arabic dialects? Several of my colleagues work on Semitic historical linguistics, including Arabic. One of my other friends is interested in Arabic poetry and law, and I can ask him for reading recommendations as well, though he is one of the busiest people I know and I'm not sure that he has time to be a conversation partner.
03-07-2015, 05:37 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks, Outis!

I've got so much reading material I can't keep up with it all (and easy to find more online). Like I said - just someone to practice with as my competency (vocab, grammar, etc.) is increasing while my speaking is not being enhanced as significantly (and quickly) as I'd like and it could be

-Heie
03-07-2015, 11:24 AM   #4
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Can't help you, but if you ever need to learn Squirrel, Possum or Raccoon....I'm your man! (I'll be honest, my Squirrel is superb, but my Raccoon is kind of weak...I can get by, but barely)

Heie, haven't heard your plans lately...do you plan to stay in the Army as a career? Do you have any specific goals ahead ...either in or out of the Army? Just curious!

Best Regards!