Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-03-2008, 07:19 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
ebay pictures - rant

Man, it is annoying that those who are selling camera stuff on ebay can't take better pictures of their things. It seems like everything I look at is blurry, out of focus, off center, and dark. What are they thinking?!!

Sorry, just had to be said.

Scott

06-03-2008, 07:28 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I can accept it from non-photographers, but it really pi$$es me off when I see a dealer post crappy pictures. It makes me wonder if they are doing it deliberately to hide a defect.
06-03-2008, 08:07 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
I can accept it from non-photographers, but it really pi$$es me off when I see a dealer post crappy pictures. It makes me wonder if they are doing it deliberately to hide a defect.
You've dotted the j with that reply.
06-03-2008, 08:15 AM   #4

Don't buy them. I don't understand why it would get your knickers in a twist. I see things for sale every day that makes me laugh and wonder who in their right mind would buy it but it certainly doesn't upset me. When my father was old I'd go to the mall with him to walk for exercise and we loved going into the Sharper Image and getting our giggle for the day.

06-03-2008, 08:47 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sabarrett Quote
Man, it is annoying that those who are selling camera stuff on ebay can't take better pictures of their things. It seems like everything I look at is blurry, out of focus, off center, and dark. What are they thinking?!!

Sorry, just had to be said.

Scott
Oddly enough, from my experiece, it sells better. I posted some collectables w/ some quality images and they went for less than the usual rates. I can only attribute that (and not having 10,000 ratings) to every micro flaw was visible. Other pictures of identical items, well you could barely make them out. Go figure......human nature is a funny (and sometimes sad) thing....
06-03-2008, 06:32 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
Oddly enough, from my experiece, it sells better. I posted some collectables w/ some quality images and they went for less than the usual rates. I can only attribute that (and not having 10,000 ratings) to every micro flaw was visible. Other pictures of identical items, well you could barely make them out. Go figure......human nature is a funny (and sometimes sad) thing....
I can see the logic, it just doesn't work for me. I'd rather see a scuff mark on the barrel clearly and know what I'm buying. Similarly since we're talking about lens glass I want to see a crisp clear shot of that too; I know a photo isn't going to prove anything really but as you say psychologically I feel better about bidding if I have at least seen "something". hehe
06-05-2008, 07:03 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I feel the same way. I want to see what it is that I'm considering bidding on, warts and all. When I take pics of items to post on the marketplace or Fleabay, I do my best to make sure the pics are clear and sufficiently lit. That's where a good flash and macro/closeup lenses come in handy.

I can understand if a really amateur snapshooter posts less than great pics, but an experienced photographer that should know better, I don't have a lot of patience for.

Bottom line, if I can't see it well enough, then I'm not going to bid on it.

Heather
06-06-2008, 10:59 AM   #8
Veteran Member

with what I hear of ebay I'd hardly bother to consoder it, I might be selling some stuff for my dad on there and I'll make sure the pictures are decent

06-06-2008, 09:36 PM   #9
Veteran Member

I find the irony amusing.
06-06-2008, 11:50 PM   #10
Veteran Member

I generally only use ebay to sell or buy new boxed items.. but don't get too annoyed the lack of multiple angles and high quality photos does effect sale prices..