Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-03-2007, 11:51 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Re-Register at DP Reviews

Some people have said.."Why Not Re-Register?" I have tried on several occasions so I might explain myself further.

No Way...Rejected unequivocally!

Ben

02-03-2007, 12:01 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Try a new identity

A new identity, similar of course , but with another e-mail address.

Many have done this before, it seems to work for them.
02-03-2007, 01:10 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Attempting to re-register at a forum from which you have been banned is incredibly childish.
02-03-2007, 01:40 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I thought you would have been banned via IP address...

02-03-2007, 03:48 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Exactly

QuoteOriginally posted by ro
entarre;23485:
That is correct.
10-09-2008, 04:13 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bdavis Quote
Attempting to re-register at a forum from which you have been banned is incredibly childish.
With all due respect, I disagree in this case. The childish act was the banning and any legal attempt to put this right is OK in my book.

I cannot believe that DPreview actually performed censorship as they did. Well, if you have to censor than you usually have something to hide / don't want people to decide for themselves.

Unbelievable.

I appreciated DPreview's tests a lot but will now take them with a LARGE grain of salt.

Last edited by Class A; 10-09-2008 at 04:23 AM. Reason: formatting
10-09-2008, 04:26 AM   #7
Veteran Member

She is gone along with her father as well.

10-09-2008, 06:58 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Her cousins are too, I think...

10-09-2008, 07:23 AM   #9
Ed in GA

Assuming you're talking about bdavis, she hasn't been here for a while. Her father, John, posted as recently as 10/5.
10-09-2008, 08:11 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Meh, their loss our gain why bother sharing one's knowledge where it's not valued.
10-09-2008, 09:02 AM   #11
Veteran Member

DPreview, with the exception of a few sections, is a "newbie" forum

50% of the posts are "what should i get", and its the same people giving the same answers over and over again.

the few intresting discussions that do arise are often dominated by a select few, and the views rarely bounce outside the realm of "normal" and "accepted"

in particular i enjoyed poking my nose into the "professional" forum, really its just a multi page definition of the adjective "egoistic closeminded ***hole"

i'm glad i was banned from there

and i'm glad i can more or less be open here in what i say and how i say it.
10-09-2008, 12:10 PM   #12
Veteran Member

dpr is an awesome site, i check it 2nd after PF
it's a great way to learn about other brands

i should be studying but since i'm bored i will kind of describe my overall impression of the forums i read
-news discussion and open talk are pretty dead
-pro digital is a mixed batch, sometimes it's n00bs posting questions in the wrong section but some times there are some gems relating to people actually making money out of photography and how tough it is. sometimes decent wedding photog tips
-i don't read any beginner / p&S forums, too much noobie material for me
-canon 100D - 450D and the D40 to D90 forums - the most n00b of all SLR forums. nothing wrong with it, but not as much learning material
-Fujifilm SLR - usually the most mellow of all the forums, great posts with people who love lots of DR and people showing that off, my favorite really, but not as much activity
-Leica Talk - some good stuff here, however sometimes you get the sense people are quite rich (well it's leica). but people are more willing to put samples up here rather than talk about gear. i read Leica Forum and RFF too, more good stuff there. of course once in a while you'll get the "why should i pay $5g's for an M8" post
-Nikon mid-range to pro and CAnon mid-range to pro stuff is usually pretty good and is their lens talk. but the most baiting and trolling goes on here
-Olympus SLR - pretty good stuff here, but kind of defensive of the 4/3rds format
-Pentax SLR - the pentax forum is dominated by festus (a squirrel) but it's all in good fun really. there are quite a few regulars but they usually contribute photos and opinions
-Sigma SLR - probably the most defensive of all forums. say a bad thing about their products and some of them are fairly rabid when people don't see the "Foveon Advantage" or when people don't like the DP1 cuz it's poor performance. even tho they have posts like "my SD14 doesn't work all the time but i managed to make it through the shoot". Little Laker might disagree with my sentiments here.
-Sony SLR - kinda disappointing, i think they feel scorned my DPR reviews and so i think dxyum is a better place for them

one thing that most people forget is the sheer entertainment value of people baiting / trolling and then having 149 responses right after
some of you might hate it, but i think it's kinda fun to watch some fireworks

note i have never bothered signing up for it. i had to go through creating an AOL account (but then i got lazy and didn't bother). i like this forum way better anyways.

Last edited by k100d; 10-09-2008 at 12:17 PM.
10-09-2008, 01:14 PM   #13
Ed in GA

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
DPreview, with the exception of a few sections, is a "newbie" forum

50% of the posts are "what should i get", and its the same people giving the same answers over and over again.

I don't find that to be true at all.

What I do find is that there are many good discussions there. But, everything is all clumped together and, unlike this forum, the good discussions are sometimes hard to find.

What I sometimes don't like is, there are a few 'old heads' over there who think the it's their territory and newbies should go somewhere else. And, when they do go somewhere else, it's usually here. which is a good thing.

Ed
10-09-2008, 03:16 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
the only reason I havn't been banned there is because I rarely find anything worthy of a comment. Maybe I should try harder.
10-09-2008, 06:11 PM   #15
Veteran Member

How about change IP address or get a new IP address?