Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
03-31-2015, 02:44 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Speaking of thriving on neglect, I've had a ACE hardware brand mower sitting outside in the high altitude elements for almost 20 years now. I think I may have changed the oil once or twice. I haven't fired it up yet this year but last year it started on the second pull! Various things have broken, like the safety mechanism which I have rigged to work (and probably be a bit less safe) and I have replaced the blade. It's just a push mower, not a rider so that keeps it pretty simple.

04-03-2015, 08:08 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yep, I couldn't agree more!

QuoteOriginally posted by lmchrouh Quote
لمشروح
04-04-2015, 01:58 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
Speaking of thriving on neglect, I've had a ACE hardware brand mower sitting outside in the high altitude elements for almost 20 years now. I think I may have changed the oil once or twice. I haven't fired it up yet this year but last year it started on the second pull! Various things have broken, like the safety mechanism which I have rigged to work (and probably be a bit less safe) and I have replaced the blade. It's just a push mower, not a rider so that keeps it pretty simple.
I had a similar mower but with a True Value hardware label. The previous owners of my house left it here so I don't really know how old it is. I gave it away last year because I needed something self propelled. I bought a used John Deere mower at a garage sale that was equally old but runs just fine. It's a lot easier on my arthritic shoulders than the push mower was. I haven't gone to a rider yet.
04-14-2015, 12:39 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
I bought it, used when going through a divorce some 12 years ago.

04-14-2015, 01:53 PM - 1 Like   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Yeah, I may need to break down and get a rider too.