Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-24-2015, 03:52 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thamks Again Mark,

I think it is (most probable) that it is the lens it says it is, It's just a bit weird, like its not trying to grab attention, but trying to sell at a big price.

I can't even pick up my camera anymore and get motivated to get out and take more photos, ( I know, 1st world problems ) Will have to figure out which lenses to sacrifice and sell off to pay for another of these beauty's .

cmohr

04-24-2015, 08:02 AM   #17
Pentaxian

have you tried various 'lost&found' places at the location? may be worth the effort......
04-24-2015, 09:08 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cmohr Quote
Thamks Again Mark,

I think it is (most probable) that it is the lens it says it is, It's just a bit weird, like its not trying to grab attention, but trying to sell at a big price.

I can't even pick up my camera anymore and get motivated to get out and take more photos, ( I know, 1st world problems ) Will have to figure out which lenses to sacrifice and sell off to pay for another of these beauty's .

cmohr
so sorry to hear that.
\I broke my FA*85 (dropped it), now focus ring stuck.... and wasn't in any mood to shoot anything for quite a while.
so I know that feeling ...
08-10-2015, 11:03 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Well, after these months, my lens never re-surfaced. Been on the look out for a good replacement , and finally found one. Arrived today, and it's indeed a thing of beauty. Nice to have an FA*85/1.4 back in my camera bag.

08-10-2015, 11:28 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great news Chris.
Do you still have both legs and arms, or did you have to sacrifice one?
08-10-2015, 11:51 PM   #21
Pentaxian

on my wish list too but I need both my kidneys- sorry to read about your loss. Really makes one feel sick when that happens.

My first real camera, a 1970's Olympus Trip 35 was lost in a park in the same way - and I still enjoy the 35mm lens pov.
08-11-2015, 12:10 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good to hear you have a replacement. I am still looking for your copy ......... I too picked one up the other day - brilliant lens.

08-11-2015, 12:16 AM   #23
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
Great news Chris.
Do you still have both legs and arms, or did you have to sacrifice one?

Managed to keep all limbs and organs this time. .

QuoteOriginally posted by Arjay Bee Quote
on my wish list too but I need both my kidneys- sorry to read about your loss. Really makes one feel sick when that happens.

My first real camera, a 1970's Olympus Trip 35 was lost in a park in the same way - and I still enjoy the 35mm lens pov.

Still feel sick and silly for loosing it in the first place, It's great to have one again, and, to be honest, it's in better condition than my original one, (it went everywhere with me and really showed it) but, I will have to create new memories with this one.

Now... To get back out there and use it.

cmohr

---------- Post added 08-11-15 at 05:18 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Wild Mark Quote
Good to hear you have a replacement. I am still looking for your copy ......... I too picked one up the other day - brilliant lens.

Hey Mark, That's how I stumbled across this one, just trolling over the internet looking for any signs of my old one.

Nice, you have one for yourself, Part of the club now

cmohr
08-11-2015, 04:53 AM   #24

Know how you feel, I still have my ME Super the original KM F1.7 50mm lens, and the Tamron 80-210 Zoom, 28-80 zoom, and 500mm Mirror I used to use with it. All as I bought them back in 1982. I still use these lenses sometimes on my KR and K5 and now on my Q with the K adaptor. My wife tells me that I have modern cameras, and lenses now, why don't I sell them? She is a Canon user so cannot be expected to understand. Well that gear has travelled most of Australia and a considerable slice of the world with me and has documented most of my adult life. So there are memories locked in those lenses that are just as vivid as the pictures they took. So no I'm not selling them, and I will continue to use and enjoy them, and my new gear.
08-11-2015, 06:24 PM   #25
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Exactly, it's the emotional connection, to me, as important as the image.

Will get out there now.

Cmohr