Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-07-2008, 06:19 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I also started out on dpreview and actually found this site by accident when I was looking for some info on a lens and I got hooked and now I spend most of my time over here instead of there. I don't know what it is, but it seems like there are some people over there that love to argue with each other. On this forum, people get into disagreements, but generally not to the point where it gets personal.

One thing I really don't understand is why I can't post a link to this website over there. For whatever reason, the owner/moderator has decided that Pentaxforums.com should be a blocked site on dpreview.

There are some great people on the dpreview site that I wish would move over here.

Heather

06-07-2008, 06:20 PM   #17

Original Poster
Struggle?

Not at all...

And anyway... Being banned froma a forum is not the end of the world... maybe they can ban one mail or nickname, but you can have as many as you want... Iīm just anoyed because their way of behaving.

Hey, Rparmar: I have a nice Pilsen beer waiting for you when you decide to come visit down-south!
Attached Images

06-07-2008, 07:16 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by milarmon Quote
I have a nice Pilsen beer waiting for you when you decide to come visit down-south!
Montevideo.... now that's a long way to go for a beer. Would be so cool to visit Uruguay though! If you ever make it to Ireland I can treat you to a Guinness in one of the best pubs. It makes a difference!
06-07-2008, 08:59 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Not at all...
That's a great pic, mila. Where'd you get that from? I would love to post it elsewhere

06-08-2008, 05:56 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by hwblanks Quote
There are some great people on the dpreview site that I wish would move over here.

Heather
Amen to that. Seems the reason is because the forum layout of dpreview is more straight forward...

I hardly post there anymore too. I just read from time to time, but even that has become more and more energy consuming to me... There are simply too much people on dpreview that just don't have a living and who will argue with whatever it is what you're saying...
06-08-2008, 06:57 AM   #21
racinsince55

Yes... I was banned from there, and maybe there was a good reason, but I think that ban someone for having a diferent opinion isnīt right... Maybe I havenīt readed well the forum rules, but I think that a warning from the forum would be enough to make it clear to me...

Sad thing...

But Iīve seen lots of people banned from that forum just for saying some truths other members donīt want to read...

Thatīs life...
You have not been banned from DPPreview.com. Your imflammatory posts have simply been removed.

If you had been banned, a search of your screen name would turn up nothing.

I can't help but wonder how you would have reacted is someone had, for no reason, attacked your country in the same manner that you attacked the USA?

You might go back to DPPreview and check to see if you can sign in, or make a post. You'll find that you are not banned.

Having said that, you will now go to my ignore list.
06-08-2008, 07:59 AM   #22

Original Poster
Oh, my Dog!!

Now Iīve been banned from racinsince55 list!!! Iīm begininī to feel like a paria...

Ok, no problem, I can live with that on my shoulders.
And about being banned from DPreview: I know Iīve been banned because they sent me an email, and I tried to login with no results... so Iīve been banned!

----
KrisK10d: you can use the image, because it comes from a website where you can pick the images and use them as you want... donīt worry.

06-08-2008, 08:43 AM   #23
MnR

Hi Heather,

The main reason is it is mainly a Canon,Nikon and Leica board. Those are Phils likes... All of the rest are just addons...

Rudy
06-08-2008, 08:49 AM   #24
MnR

Hi,

Being banned or just leaving DPreview is sort of a Badge of Honor... There are a lot of boards out there that don't have a majority of Pixels PEEPERS or MEASUREBATORS... I think all they know how to do is take pictures of Brick walls and focus charts.. This way they will have something to contribute to the forum.

Rudy
06-08-2008, 09:05 AM   #25
Veteran Member

Who cares about dpreview?

@milarmon - the photo robot you posted is no good. It has a Canon DO lens in it.
06-08-2008, 09:21 AM   #26

I like DPReview forums. I also like the Pentax forums. It doesn't bother me if there is more discussion on DPReview about Canon and Nikon, duh, and there are some very nice and helpful folks there. I do wish there was less political nonsense in the forum but some people aren't bright enough to find a political forum.

There have been people banned for going over the edge and a lot of folks have posted asking that the ban be lifted.
06-08-2008, 09:27 AM   #27

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
Who cares about dpreview?

@milarmon - the photo robot you posted is no good. It has a Canon DO lens in it.
Sorry, but the photo wasnīt made by me... If I could made that, I would put a nice 50-135 or a bigma instead of the Canon lens...
06-08-2008, 09:29 AM   #28
Inactive Account

I can honestly say before Pentaxforums.com I was a major contributor to DPreview. I was still a member there when Adam posted this site on his start up date. There are a few of us here that have been members of this forum since the start. We made the change because of the way the forum was laid out or we just wanted to get away from the over abundance of arguments and trolls and the ridiculas speculation that was going on at the time about a year before the K10 even had a name.
My actual banning came about two weeks after I became a member here. I had posted to a thread Phil had started and told him exactly what I thought of his review and the way he ran the forum. At that same time he had banned one of the most respected members because he had ask for help winning a contest and posted the site. I think there were over 6 threads that referred to his banning and most that posted were also banned. I had never see so many people outraged in one day.

However to the original poster here, I can only ask that you watch your step here. I still have many friends on DPreview and I have emailed a few asking about your post. After seeing it and reading all posts to the thread I found you had no right spouting off the way you did. You posted in the thread to enrage others and it worked I have no sympathy for your banning, It was well deserved. If you would have posted those remarks here, I know I would have been one of the first to PM the Mods and Admin and ask for you to be banned here.
I don't have control of what you post but believe this if it happens here you won't be around long either. We here on this forum exchange ideas and information on Pentax products. There are not that many who are political or would ever condemn another persons country the way you have.
Enough said on this topic. If you truly are interested in the exchange of information dealing with Pentax and the topics of the forum then Welcome. If you are just here to create hate and discontent please find another forum to do this in.
06-08-2008, 09:45 AM   #29
Inactive Account

"If you are just here to create hate and discontent please find another forum to do this in"

Very well said.
Thank's
06-08-2008, 09:57 AM   #30

Original Poster
Ok, I think the misunderstanding will be going...

Iīm sorry that you possibly readed the thread there after was cutted... I never tried to make a commotion or an attack to the people in USA or in the forum. I wish youīve readed the entire thread and not some quoted parts.

Iīm not going to talk anymore about this, but you can trust me, it was just a big misunderstanding, and lots of people who didnīt underestand what I was talking about.

If you check my other posts there, you can see that Iīm not a stupid or a fighting person... not at all.