Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-07-2008, 07:01 AM   #1

Another one banned from the Pentax Dpreview forums...

Yes... I was banned from there, and maybe there was a good reason, but I think that ban someone for having a diferent opinion isnīt right... Maybe I havenīt readed well the forum rules, but I think that a warning from the forum would be enough to make it clear to me...

Sad thing...

But Iīve seen lots of people banned from that forum just for saying some truths other members donīt want to read...

Thatīs life...

06-07-2008, 07:14 AM   #2
Busiko

QuoteOriginally posted by milarmon Quote
Yes... I was banned from there, and maybe there was a good reason, but I think that ban someone for having a diferent opinion isnīt right... Maybe I havenīt readed well the forum rules, but I think that a warning from the forum would be enough to make it clear to me...

Sad thing...

But Iīve seen lots of people banned from that forum just for saying some truths other members donīt want to read...

Thatīs life...
Yes I read your lines over there. And I know you know why it happenned. Many people aggree whith you but it is taboo(it is on the rules).

La vida continua.
Rui
06-07-2008, 07:56 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
What was the situation/taboo? I'm curious & wonder if the 'rules' are reasonable...
06-07-2008, 08:04 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Sad thing...

Thatīs life...

Why were you banned?

I know why I was and I guess I had it coming, but you, what do you think they banned you for?

Ben

06-07-2008, 08:24 AM   #5
Veteran Member

If it is the thread I'm thinking about (and I apologize if it isn't) the reason you got banned (in general) is that you took the topic off of photography, insulted an entire nation causing a not so nice exchange of words (that again had nothing to do with photography). The amusing thing was that you blasted the US and it was an Aussie that posted the topic.

So I can see why you got banned, it was obvious that you had an agenda and didn't even take the time to see where the OP was from, and you instigated an "online fight" so to speak. Trying to look at it objectively and not as one of the people you tried to insult I will say that they are quick to ban and unless you did something like that before I might be able to see how a warning might have been warranted 1st.

John

Last edited by palmor; 06-07-2008 at 08:40 AM.
06-07-2008, 11:20 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Think it must have something to do with this topic... (please forgive me if it doesn't...)
The original thread isn't there anymore though...

BTW: why is it so bad to get banned fro dpr?
06-07-2008, 01:05 PM   #7

Original Poster
Explanation:

It was because that post... And I know perfectly that Iīve made a mistake telling lots of stuff to one poster before checking his nationallity. After I realized it, I apologized with him, and I explained that I had a bad day and I took lots of things from out of the forum inside it (I know it was wrong). After that, some guys took my words personal and begin to call me names and attack me and begin with lots of talkings about illegal people in USA, and the right of the "Americans" to be called like that. It was a stupid snowball that growed from post to post, and ended with me banned. I never try to make a revolution or to attack a nation ŋ? Attacking a nation? Just because I say America is a continent? Just because I mocked his president?
Maybe it was way OT, but a warning would be enough...

I know Benjikan was banned from the DPreview forums for a stupid reason too...

And no... itīs not a shame to be banned from a forum. I donīt care what the people thinks about my ideas, but I think that Iīm free to express them, and if itīs not alowed in a forum, they must erase the thread, and send you a warning. Itīs not very friendly the way they are acting...

Thatīs all.

I just posted this thread because I wanted my friends from there, who usually read this forums too, to know why I desappear.

Sorry if I make you loose your time reading this.

Keep shooting nice pics!
06-07-2008, 02:35 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This forum is taking on all the appearances of a convict colony.....
Welcome milarmon, lots of deportees here, you should feel right at home.

...and feel free to have a crack at anyone, just be prepared to get it back.
Cheers.

06-07-2008, 03:07 PM   #9
Veteran Member

My tactic is to post nothing but facts in the coolest way possible... as I have in that very thread. Let's see how long I take to get banned -- not looking to, but still.
06-07-2008, 03:44 PM   #10

Original Poster
What can I tell you?

QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
My tactic is to post nothing but facts in the coolest way possible... as I have in that very thread. Let's see how long I take to get banned -- not looking to, but still.
You still can have a pint of beer on me...
06-07-2008, 04:27 PM   #11
Veteran Member

You still can have a pint of beer on me...
He he. Thanks. In fact I had quite a few last night. But not before taking some photos. Gotta keep my priorities straight!
06-07-2008, 05:24 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mallee Boy Quote
This forum is taking on all the appearances of a convict colony.....
... lots of deportees here....

Sort of like.... Australia!

<duck>

06-07-2008, 05:40 PM   #13
Veteran Member

As a response I'd only like to say that I'm pretty new to more than beginners photography and when I was surfing the web I found dpreview pretty early but I never really liked the layout or the threads there.
And then I found pentaxforums shortly after (or was it just before..) I bought my K10D and I just got stuck here. I remember my first post in the "new to the forum" thread where I wrote something along the lines of "I'm usually not that good at sticking to forums but this one seems to be great!" and yes sir! I'm stuck here, at least for another year or two!
06-07-2008, 05:47 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
Sort of like.... Australia!

<duck>

as a free settler descendant from Prussia, one can only agree. (they just ran us prussians out of town)

hey, our history is what it is, can't change that.........but we are very proud of who we are.
06-07-2008, 06:11 PM   #15
Inactive Account

Sad thing...

Thatīs life...
Whatever.......................!
Is there any important Pentax-item to oppose to milarmon's banning?
I don't know! Let him fight his struggle with DPReview!
As far as I am concerned: pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffD