Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-13-2008, 10:46 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Wolf Camera

The "pro" store on 14th in Atlanta was great! Broad selection, even used gear. The new midtown store is only half the size, little if any darkroom stuff, no classrooms that I could see, and the staff seems uncaring. Perhaps they're demoralized.

I wandered in one day with my K10 and asked about third-party flashes. The guy behind the counter practically yawned as he mumbled something about their not having any and didn't know when or if they'd get any - and he probably didn't care.

Oddly enough the little store on route 138 about 2 miles from me (I live in Jonesboro) is much friendlier and the staff seems to know their stuff. Of course they'll probably be downsized any day now.

06-13-2008, 12:49 PM   #17

I go the a Wolf in S.A. and its ok. They are helpful but they don't seem to know anything. So i don't know if it was just a mistake (not out of the realm of possibility not if they are like the one in S.A.) My mother and I bought our K10D there, but only after we did our homework on the internet. The reason we bought it at Wolf instead of getting it cheaper on the internet was because we got free classes. Warning- DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE!!! The classes weren't that bad if you have to be told what shutter speed, aperture and exposure is 20 times . It would have been better to get some photography lessons off the internet (which we still ended up doing).

Last edited by photofreak88; 06-13-2008 at 12:58 PM.
06-16-2008, 10:35 AM   #18

Everybody should keep an eye on dell website. I myself have a k100d and my gf was looking at camera and i recommended k10d to her. She bought it summer of last year -- She spend $649 at dell (with a paypal 50 dollar off promotion) with the 18-55mm + she get 100 dollar mail in rebate which come out to be like 549! that was in insane deal as I was spending 600 dollar half a year before that for my k100d. I'm waiting for Dell to give me a good deal on k20d . Never buy camera from those shop, so far all the one I go to they annoy the hell out of me with their sale pitch.
06-17-2008, 02:11 PM   #19
Banned

I was unaware that dell sold more than PC's and there accessories. much less Pentax, thats quite interesting.

06-17-2008, 05:33 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Dell sells more then a couple of Pentax pieces. Well last time I looked anway. They have been know to take a while to deliver but worth it for the savings.