Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
05-13-2015, 07:19 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Dang! That's a little extreme, don't ya' think?

This little guy never ceases to amaze me! He must have had a bad hair day!

North Korea executes defense chief with an anti-aircraft gun: South Korea agency | Reuters

05-13-2015, 08:56 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Maybe we can get Dennis Rodman to go back and do a little diplomacy.
05-13-2015, 09:05 AM   #3
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

It's not extreme if you're a sociopath with no grasp of reality.
05-13-2015, 09:16 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's a shame--it's stuff like that that gives despotism a bad name. If he just went quietly about starving the population no one would pay him no mind.

05-13-2015, 09:20 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Stunts like this show he has a fragile hold on power (or thinks he does), and this only weakens it. Maybe it will all fall apart over there soon...
05-13-2015, 09:25 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
His uncle was supposedly mauled to death by wolf's, I wouldn't read to much into the propaganda, N.Korea has always yearned for the attention of the rest of the world.
05-13-2015, 04:37 PM   #7
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
At least anti-aircraft gun would be quick. His uncle and five aides were allegedly stripped naked and fed to 120 dogs which had been starved for 3 days (it is called death by dogs). He had his aunt poisoned because she complained abut him executing her husband. Their sons, daughters and grandchildren were also allegedly executed. A raft of others were just shot because the apparently didn't merit any special treatment. I wouldn't last long. I would have to laugh at that hair style (which is maybe what led to some of the other executions)..

05-14-2015, 01:23 AM   #8
Veteran Member

anti aircraft gun ?
did they fire it or drop it on him?
mind you the British used to tie prisoners to the end of a cannon barrel then fire it !!!!
05-14-2015, 04:08 PM   #9
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by adwb Quote
British used to tie prisoners to the end of a cannon barrel then fire it
Aye but that made good use of the prisoner as ammunition.
05-14-2015, 04:18 PM   #10
Veteran Member

anti aircraft gun ?
did they fire it or drop it on him?
mind you the British used to tie prisoners to the end of a cannon barrel then fire it !!!!
Geez... can you imagine watching your body get blown up? Or in the case of beheadings, I'm sure there's just enough oxygen to keep you conscious for a few seconds while your head separates and rolls around...

I've often wondered, but don't care to find out!
05-14-2015, 06:18 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lightbox Quote
Geez... can you imagine watching your body get blown up? Or in the case of beheadings, I'm sure there's just enough oxygen to keep you conscious for a few seconds while your head separates and rolls around...

I've often wondered, but don't care to find out!
Funny, I've often wondered about the head rolling around thing. Hmmm.... I'll bet'cha it happens! I wonder if a victim ever utter a sound... like... yelled "Kiss my arse," or some such?
05-14-2015, 07:22 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
I wonder if a victim ever utter a sound... like... yelled "Kiss my arse," or some such?
That would have been a great alternate ending for Braveheart
05-14-2015, 10:29 PM - 2 Likes   #13
Veteran Member

Implications of Consciousness after Decapitation - Do you really stay conscious after being decapitated?
And
The answer, horribly, is 'Not only is it possible, but it's medically proven.' Debate on the subject raged ever since Charlotte Corday -- the assassin of Jean-Paul Marat -- was guillotined in 1793. The executioner's assistant, Francois le Gros, lifted her head by the hair, and slapped it on both cheeks. Eyewitnesses reported that the face took on an angry expression, and the cheeks visibly flushed. The debate was started -- if guillotining didn't produce instant death, then it wasn't a 'quick and merciful end', as promised by the post-Enlightenment revolutionaries. In 1794, German surgeon Dr S. T. Sommering argued in the Parisian newspapers that 'consciousness of feeling may persist [in a severed head] even if blood circulation is terminated, partial or weak [...] the head's strongest sensation would be the after-pain felt in the neck.' French doctors argued that he was confusing nervous spasms with sensory perceptions and voluntary motion. Little research was conducted on the subject, however, until the turn of the twentieth century, when another French doctor, Beaurieux, was permitted to make an investigation of a severed head, of a criminal called Languille, immediately after guillotining: "Here is what I was able to note immediately after the decapitation: the eyelids and lips of the decapitated man worked in irregularly rhythmic contractions for about 4 or 6 seconds. I waited several seconds longer. The spasmodic movements ceased. The face relaxed, the lids half-closed in the eyeballs, leaving only the white of the conjunctiva visible, exactly as in the dying whom we have occasion to see every day [...] It was then that I called in a strong, sharp, voice: 'Languille!' I then saw the eyelids slowly lift up, without any spasmodic contraction -- I insist advisedly on this pecularity -- but with an even movement, quite distinct and normal, such as happens in everyday life, with people awakened or torn from their thoughts. Next, Languille's eyes very definitely fixed themselves on mine and the pupils focused themselves. I was not, then, dealing with a vague dull look, without any expression that can be observed any day in dying people to whom one speaks: I was dealing with undeniably living eyes which were looking at me." By 1956, further research had proved, in the words of governemntal advisers Drs Piedelievre and Fournier, that "death [by decapitation] is not instantaneous [...] every vital element survives [...it is] a savage vivisection, followed by a premature burial." The French government abolished execution by decapitation in 1977.
05-15-2015, 12:55 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Implications of Consciousness after Decapitation - Do you really stay conscious after being decapitated?
And
The answer, horribly, is 'Not only is it possible, but it's medically proven.' Debate on the subject raged ever since Charlotte Corday -- the assassin of Jean-Paul Marat -- was guillotined in 1793. The executioner's assistant, Francois le Gros, lifted her head by the hair, and slapped it on both cheeks. Eyewitnesses reported that the face took on an angry expression, and the cheeks visibly flushed. The debate was started -- if guillotining didn't produce instant death, then it wasn't a 'quick and merciful end', as promised by the post-Enlightenment revolutionaries. In 1794, German surgeon Dr S. T. Sommering argued in the Parisian newspapers that 'consciousness of feeling may persist [in a severed head] even if blood circulation is terminated, partial or weak [...] the head's strongest sensation would be the after-pain felt in the neck.' French doctors argued that he was confusing nervous spasms with sensory perceptions and voluntary motion. Little research was conducted on the subject, however, until the turn of the twentieth century, when another French doctor, Beaurieux, was permitted to make an investigation of a severed head, of a criminal called Languille, immediately after guillotining: "Here is what I was able to note immediately after the decapitation: the eyelids and lips of the decapitated man worked in irregularly rhythmic contractions for about 4 or 6 seconds. I waited several seconds longer. The spasmodic movements ceased. The face relaxed, the lids half-closed in the eyeballs, leaving only the white of the conjunctiva visible, exactly as in the dying whom we have occasion to see every day [...] It was then that I called in a strong, sharp, voice: 'Languille!' I then saw the eyelids slowly lift up, without any spasmodic contraction -- I insist advisedly on this pecularity -- but with an even movement, quite distinct and normal, such as happens in everyday life, with people awakened or torn from their thoughts. Next, Languille's eyes very definitely fixed themselves on mine and the pupils focused themselves. I was not, then, dealing with a vague dull look, without any expression that can be observed any day in dying people to whom one speaks: I was dealing with undeniably living eyes which were looking at me." By 1956, further research had proved, in the words of governemntal advisers Drs Piedelievre and Fournier, that "death [by decapitation] is not instantaneous [...] every vital element survives [...it is] a savage vivisection, followed by a premature burial." The French government abolished execution by decapitation in 1977.
My, my.... just think!
05-15-2015, 01:11 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Aye Dewman that's the point do you think still? and what?

Last edited by adwb; 05-15-2015 at 01:38 AM.