Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-17-2015, 08:40 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've had good experiences buying and selling here. Check the seller's feedback to get a comfort level.
Long time members are usually great to work with. New members without feedback I usually don't buy from.

06-17-2015, 08:41 PM   #17
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ThaiNguyen Quote
I haven't bought anything here yet, as I'm new to the Pentax family, but I have bought things on other forums before. Just be sure to send the money and cover the Paypal fees as opposed to sending the money as a gift and not paying the fees. This way, if anything goes wrong Paypal will cover you.
Sellers aren't supposed to be requesting Paypal fees via "gifting" when selling in the PF marketplace. For one thing, as you pointed out it does way with buyer protection, and on items over $100 that have potential for international sales require a buyer protection option.
06-17-2015, 09:03 PM   #18

Oh! Sorry, I'm new here and wasn't aware that was the rule. I've sold things on other forums and always ate the fee as a seller anyways. Sounds like a good policy and wish it was standard everywhere.
07-02-2015, 10:44 PM - 1 Like   #19

Photos: Gallery
I'm a member for a long time, since 2010, but I never sold anything, so I don't have any rating. Now I want to sell and it seems people are afraid But how can one get a rating when nobody wants to buy from non-rated members, it is a bad circle. I accept Paypal, will not ask for "gift" paypal. I really just want to sell good lenses and my camera. I'm living in Malaysia which also somehow seems to scare people. I lived in may countries. I'm an IT person, so I go where the work is. I hope I can sell my gear. It seems silly that I have good lenses and willing to negotiate the price but I'm stuck because of some preconceptions.

07-04-2015, 01:08 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
no just excited and I remember being very hot

---------- Post added 07-04-2015 at 09:10 AM ----------

when i bought my first dslr in Cape Town.
07-04-2015, 06:03 AM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The only time I've been nervous on the Marketplace was when I sold a $400 lens to someone in Moscow.

One of the best transactions ever. Guy PM's me every so often just to say hi and rave about the lens.
07-04-2015, 08:54 AM   #22
Forum Member

No I wasn't scared when I first bought here on Pentax Forums. I've bought quite a few things from forum members before. And it wasn't a very expensive item-$140usd 55mm lens for my 645. However, I won't buy from a forum member that just joined.

07-24-2015, 04:46 PM   #23
Veteran Member

I was drunk on both occasions!

Randy
07-28-2015, 07:42 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It took me years before I got comfortable about buying stuff online. Yet, I have been purchasing stuff online for about 15 years. At first(circa 2001) I would only purchase from eBay and would keep my purchases to no more than $75. I also used a credit card that had no more than a $300 balance incase somebody stole my card number and decided to empty out my account. Remember there was no Paypal back then.

It took maybe another 3 years before I grew confident enough to up my purchasing power to about $200. Within 5 years I was purchasing items $500+ but that was very rare and each time I did it, it brought on another session of nail biting and heavy sweating at night. Now I can confidently say that I'm not afraid to purchase items online, however my limit is still under $1000. I try to deal with companies like Amazon or eBay that will at least try to get my money back incase I get burned... A few months ago I even purchased a lens for about $700 from Japan ! Was I afraid ? Heck yeah !! I sweated it out for 3 weeks until my lens finally came in the mail.