Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-25-2015, 12:37 PM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Profound appreciation...

... for those who lost their lives in battle, serving their country with the conviction that the cause was just, full knowing the ultimate sacrifice might one day be required of them. They fell for us in battle and so we stand today especially to honor them and hope to ease in some small way the burden of loss their loved ones carry everyday.

05-25-2015, 12:59 PM   #2
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MD Optofonik Quote
... for those who lost their lives in battle, serving their country with the conviction that the cause was just, full knowing the ultimate sacrifice might one day be required of them. They fell for us in battle and so we stand today especially to honor them and hope to ease in some small way the burden of loss their loved ones carry everyday.
Thank you for a post all of us should read, and remember what today really means.
05-25-2015, 03:17 PM   #3
Veteran Member

It does not have to be an overseas battle. We lost 1 percent a year even in peacetime.

I remember this young man ( an rotc cadet ) accidentally incinerated himself. The lt. And the chaplain went to the momma house that night. This is in the reserves it was an in the field accident at ft Bragg.

He said the screaming started as soon as they pulled into the driveway. He said one day I will be the lt. And I will have to go to the house and it will be the worst thing imaginable.

I told him I am not interested in being the lt. Anymore. I finished out with a college degree and 3 firm offers for ocs as an e-4. But telling the momma their only son just died in a training accident was a thing I could never do.

---------- Post added 05-25-15 at 06:52 PM ----------

We had scores of people killed like that. They still do. I'm not sure if it is daily but it's a lot.