Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-07-2007, 11:05 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I've decided that I don't really need the Spyder 2 "suite". Looking at a comparison of the three products (Express, Suite, and Pro) on Colorvision's web site, I see that the suite is very similar to the express version. The suite seems to offer printer support (worth $0 to me, as I don't print) and just one or two slightly better options with respect to gamma and something else. I think the express version would work for me.

But on Amazon.com's site, the reviews of the Spyder 2 Express are quite mixed - and there are several very bad reviews, instead of the usual one. So I'm a bit uncertain about this right now.

I found this new product, which seems to compete for the same buyers as the Spyder 2 Express: the Pantone Huey. Here's Adorama's review. Sounds pretty good, and it has an ambient light meter, too. At the moment I'm leaning in that direction, but I might do a little more research. Grateful to everybody here for bringing the topic of and giving advice about where to look.

Will