Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-13-2008, 04:19 PM   #1
Damn Brit

Flooding in Iowa

I've been watching this catastrophe unfold on CNN. My sincerest hopes and best wishes go out to those people caught up in the flooding.
I know California is a long way away but any forum members who really have nowhere to go, we have a spare room available if you need it.
Gary

06-13-2008, 07:19 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Flooding

Brit: Nice of you!

This reminds me of St. Louis in 1993 and 1973.

The truly amazing thing is how people just show up and bag sand for three or four hours, then they just go home and no one ever knows who they were. Or just drop off 100 sandwiches. Or a Boy Scout Troop just shows up and asks the National Guard where to go.

I bagged both big floods and did a little this spring already (I'm really too old for the heavy stuff) and the camaraderie and good cheer in the face of personal disaster is something to experience - people at their best.

monochrome

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
I've been watching this catastrophe unfold on CNN. My sincerest hopes and best wishes go out to those people caught up in the flooding.
I know California is a long way away but any forum members who really have nowhere to go, we have a spare room available if you need it.
Gary
06-13-2008, 07:30 PM   #3
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Brit: Nice of you!

This reminds me of St. Louis in 1993 and 1973.

The truly amazing thing is how people just show up and bag sand for three or four hours, then they just go home and no one ever knows who they were. Or just drop off 100 sandwiches. Or a Boy Scout Troop just shows up and asks the National Guard where to go.

I bagged both big floods and did a little this spring already (I'm really too old for the heavy stuff) and the camaraderie and good cheer in the face of personal disaster is something to experience - people at their best.

monochrome
Thanks, Iowa's a bit far away for me to go and bag sand so a room is the best I can offer if it's needed.