Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1545 Likes Search this Thread
08-26-2015, 06:34 PM   #181
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
Some people thought these were ugly, too, but I loved mine. Color look familiar?

Jim
I had a customer who was a creative director at a large Canadian advt agency who owned an Aztec, and he absolutely loved it. He stated it was the most comfortable and reliable vehicle he ever owned.

08-26-2015, 09:11 PM   #182
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I like the concept of the Aztec. I'd actually use it for camping if I had one. But my truck can get to better places with everything I need.
08-27-2015, 06:14 AM   #183
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Ugly is, ugly does... The ugliest of all IMO. Drove one once, hated the shifter.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/26/63971853_6150732d1b.jpg
Are you kidding me? That's one of the coolest cars there is. It's sweet, comfortable (though noisy and power free), ...

Chris Harris has one, and absolutely loves his. IIRC he owns/owned a Ferrari 599, amongst others, and reviews sports cars for a living, so... if he loves it there must be something right with it. He has one of the early ones, with 20 hp or so, and the removable front seat bench.

The only thing cool about the Aztec is that Heisenberg had one. I wouldn't mind driving one, but only if it is that particular color. I guess I am a sucker for movie cars... white Challenger, that Aztec, ...
08-29-2015, 12:54 AM - 1 Like   #184
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My vehicle. 2012 4.5l V8 Diesel Toyota Troop carrier: My other home away from home.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
08-29-2015, 01:32 AM   #185
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sqideyes Quote
My vehicle. 2012 4.5l V8 Diesel Toyota Troop carrier: My other home away from home.
Nice rig!
08-29-2015, 08:32 AM   #186
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dngr Quote
Nice rig!
I agree. They're not available here.
08-29-2015, 08:49 AM   #187
Inactive Account

Location: Planet Earth, Sol system, Milky Way galaxy, Universe
QuoteOriginally posted by kadajawi Quote
The Clio should be a big improvement, especially in the looks department.
I got the Clio now.

Pluses:
- It looks very nice, both inside and out, esp in the brown metallic color I have.
- It's an eco-friendly diesel, putting out 82g of CO2 per kilometer (well, at least, that's the spec - see minuses), but performance is still good.
- It has inbuilt GPS, radio with USB, etc all on a nice big color screen.
- It also has cruise control, which I missed with the Micra.
- There is less wind noise.
- It just feels like a bigger car, probably because it is.
- It has keyless entry and keyless start, with a start/stop button. When I walk away from the car with the key in my pocket, it automatically locks the doors. This is great for showing off.

Minuses:
- There's a promotional sticker from my company on the rear windscreen. But hey, who cares?
- It has a 5-speed gearbox (manual, of course). By now I half-expected to get a 6-speed. That said, I don't have anything to complain about with the 5-speed. Revs at highway speeds are not too high, and the same goes for engine noise.
- It has a useless ECO-button, that they probably used to get it to the 82g/km CO2 spec, in order to let it fall in the 14% company car tax range, together with taping over panel gaps, etc. When I picked up the car, the salesman literally said to me, "don't use this. this will make the car less safe to drive. when you need more power in a certain situation, you won't have it when it is turned on". I don't like the fact that car manufacturers cheat on the CO2 spec this way. OTOH it does mean I have to pay less tax. Still, the system doesn't work.
- The rear windscreen is smaller and father away than the Micra's. This does limit rearward visibility. (the sticker doesn't, btw) In fact I'd say all-around visibility is a bit worse than the Micra or the 208 and it does take some getting used to.
- Everybody likes this car. At least with the Micra, I could stand out. Like, "I know it's a typical women's car. So what?" I can't portray the "so what?" behaviour anymore. The Clio has robbed me of that. Instead, I can portray "showing off" behaviour with the keyless entry etc. But I like the former better.
- I got flowers from the dealer when I picked up the car. I'm terrible with plants and flowers alike. They all die on me.

Last edited by starbase218; 08-29-2015 at 09:55 AM.
08-30-2015, 01:45 AM   #188
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by starbase218 Quote
- It has keyless entry and keyless start, with a start/stop button. When I walk away from the car with the key in my pocket, it automatically locks the doors. This is great for showing off.
London has a real problem with thieves targeting keyless cars

:P

The eco button should soften the throttle response and limit maximum power output... great for those with binary feet (I've experienced those drivers... makes me sea sick), for others it's not really necessary.
08-30-2015, 04:30 AM   #189
Inactive Account

Location: Planet Earth, Sol system, Milky Way galaxy, Universe
well, it still isn't my car.

QuoteOriginally posted by kadajawi Quote
The eco button should soften the throttle response and limit maximum power output... great for those with binary feet (I've experienced those drivers... makes me sea sick), for others it's not really necessary.
LOL, binary feet? Never experienced those drivers. I do sometimes get the feeling that you have to sign a declaration of antisocial driving behavior when you buy an Audi or BMW though.
09-01-2015, 07:20 PM   #190
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I've been driving my BMW Z4 lately. It's an 04 and I got it in early 05. I still like it a lot and the only thing I don't like about it is that its not an 2016.
09-02-2015, 10:45 AM   #191
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by starbase218 Quote
well, it still isn't my car.

LOL, binary feet? Never experienced those drivers. I do sometimes get the feeling that you have to sign a declaration of antisocial driving behavior when you buy an Audi or BMW though.
Or if you are Mainland Chinese... once I was crossing a zebra crossing, while the traffic light for me was green, and for the car red. The car tried to push me off the road. That was in China...

People with binary feet only know full throttle (well, not that, but enough to be way too much) or no throttle. Same with the steering wheel.

My car is now fully licensed again, and passed the inspection. Some part holding the front left wheel was cracked. Fixed it for 100 Euro, and it is fully road worthy again Yay.
09-03-2015, 07:42 PM   #192
Veteran Member

Love the troopy.

and the v8 would be handy!

A mate of mine has an FJ troopy (I think mid 70s?) with the inline 6 non-turbo diesel.

Great car, but oh my god is it slow... we took it up a local road, bitumened and moderately steep, but any other car could happily climb it.

Had to put the FJ into low range just to get it up the hill.
09-03-2015, 07:52 PM   #193
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sure looks like the thing to have for the Outbacks ?
Great looking vehicle !
09-03-2015, 08:26 PM   #194
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

I'm still likin' my little Audi TT. Today I did a deep cleaning job on it ...it really wasn't very dirty, I keep it near perfect. Got it for traveling and we are about to go on a trip soon. Perfect travel car for two people. Room for three large bags and some loose clothing...plus you have the tiny back seats for your camera gear to stay handy. Around 30-32 mpg on the highway...but being a turbo, it does require the high octane grade.

Rides like a big Lincoln, handles like a sports car.....just a fun ride all around.

If you can't fit it in here, maybe you don't need it! The rear seats also fold down for even more room.....could have a had a lot of fun back there in High School!

Regards! .....I am enjoying this thread, very interesting stuff!
09-12-2015, 11:17 AM   #195
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

So many great cars posted here!.....and if you love your ride, it makes for a happy experience.

My Jeep turns 18 this fall, and is still like new. It has to be the best vehicle I have ever owned when it comes to service and dependability. Hardly ever any problems and I never get uneasy on a long trip worrying about it breaking down...it never has. It's been coat to coast and everywhere in between and is rock solid. Not the most comfortable for travel, the little TT is wonderful for long road trips, but the Jeep is not all that bad either. Good AC and with the hardtop it is not too noisy either. I keep it in perfect condition, well serviced and use only Mobil 1 Synthetic oil and lubricants. Waxed twice a year and kept under a carport, it has held up very well.

I saw a little Fiat a page or two back I really liked. I prefer smaller cars like the Jeep, TT, Fiat and others that take less time to keep clean and are easier to maneuver in city traffic. Easier to park and make U-turns when necessary.

I've owned a lot of cars, some very fast...back when I was young and a lot faster too! Now that I am old and slow, speed is not a priority. Haven't had a speeding ticket in over three decades.

Regards!