Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
Its getting closer and closer to fully autonomous cars
Get rid of manual trans and they are almost there
Drive as much as we can because can't is around the corner

Dave
5G won’t be fully implemented for ten years and it doesn’t have enough. BAndwidth to support autonomous driving. Gasoline will be the primary power source for 30/40 years and autonomus won’t dominate outside dense urban environments for longer. That said, beginning in 2024 Volvo won’t have any gasline powered vehicles.

If you want a big V-8, get it now. Turbo 3, 4 and 6 is the near future unless CAFE rules change. US CO2 emissions are flat per capita since 1999.

08-28-2019, 04:09 PM - 1 Like   #1982
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
5G won’t be fully implemented for ten years and it doesn’t have enough. BAndwidth to support autonomous driving. Gasoline will be the primary power source for 30/40 years and autonomus won’t dominate outside dense urban environments for longer. That said, beginning in 2024 Volvo won’t have any gasline powered vehicles.

If you want a big V-8, get it now. Turbo 3, 4 and 6 is the near future unless CAFE rules change. US CO2 emissions are flat per capita since 1999.
Hi Monochrome
Lots of behind the scenes stuff has to happen aswell
Any new car has sensors for just about everything it thinks it can do better than us.
On that ,the one override I dislike the most is automatic braking ( where it thinks you are going to hit something in peak hour traffic or a pedestrian by the side of the road )
Petrol will be around until the ones who run the supply have there fingers in a more lucrative pie.

Dave
08-28-2019, 04:16 PM   #1983
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
Your post brought this to mind

Rush-Red Barchetta (Lyrics) - YouTube
One of my all time favorites, even on my road tunes playlist.

This isn't a Barchetta, but it is red.

I would love to own one.
08-28-2019, 04:54 PM   #1984
dbs
Pentaxian

Hi Racer

It is a nice red.....but....what is it ?
AC Cobra or Ferrari or.........

Dave

yes I like cars even red ones

08-28-2019, 05:36 PM - 2 Likes   #1985
Pentaxian

Hi Racer

It is a nice red.....but....what is it ?
AC Cobra or Ferrari or.........

Dave

yes I like cars even red ones
AC Cobra, likely a kit car...but still nice looking. It would be really good....lots of zip.... with a Chevy LS V8 under the hood...just saying that to bug the Ford guys.
08-28-2019, 06:31 PM - 1 Like   #1986
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mission accomplished. Wait... I just jumped camps. Would be very cool with a supercharged Hellcat Demon Hemi 6.2 litre.

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 08-28-2019 at 06:38 PM.
08-28-2019, 06:47 PM - 1 Like   #1987
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
AC Cobra, likely a kit car...but still nice looking. It would be really good....lots of zip.... with a Chevy LS V8 under the hood...just saying that to bug the Ford guys.
It may be a kit car, but it is all Ford.

08-28-2019, 06:51 PM   #1988
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Me likes both ...
08-28-2019, 07:35 PM - 1 Like   #1989
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
It may be a kit car, but it is all Ford.

...I'm a Chevy guy...
08-28-2019, 07:40 PM - 2 Likes   #1990
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I would love to own one.
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Want one with a hand-formed aluminum body built on the original AC body bucks - and an MSO? Check this out. Not a kit car - OEM roller, and/or powered on a custom basis, but most of them use Roush power.

Kirkham Motorsports.

289 Street and FIA (fiber), 427 Street and Semi-Competition. Plus a Daytona if you are really out there.

Last edited by monochrome; 08-28-2019 at 07:49 PM.
08-28-2019, 08:00 PM   #1991
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi Monochrome
Lots of behind the scenes stuff has to happen aswell
Any new car has sensors for just about everything it thinks it can do better than us.
On that ,the one override I dislike the most is automatic braking ( where it thinks you are going to hit something in peak hour traffic or a pedestrian by the side of the road )
Petrol will be around until the ones who run the supply have there fingers in a more lucrative pie.

Dave
Bringing oil and gs out of the ground creates new money for our economy. When we really start exporting Crude and LNG in about ten years “THEY” are going to pay “US” rather than the other way round like it has been since 1973. It isn’t Just gasoline and heating gas. Plastic is made from natural gas; certain kinds of fertilizer; as well as 80% of the electricity to power all those battery-powered cars (and server farms for Facebook, Amazon, Netflix, Google and PentaxForums).
08-28-2019, 09:18 PM - 1 Like   #1992
Pentaxian

Want one with a hand-formed aluminum body built on the original AC body bucks - and an MSO? Check this out. Not a kit car - OEM roller, and/or powered on a custom basis, but most of them use Roush power.

Kirkham Motorsports.

289 Street and FIA (fiber), 427 Street and Semi-Competition. Plus a Daytona if you are really out there.
I've always been a fan of the AC , even before it became a Cobra with the Ford V8.

I looked at the info in your link and quite liked the 'Cobra classic Kirkham 289 Street' car . It has the first generation look with that grille and I would imagine quite a balanced car with a 289 or 302 V8.

In the pics of the brochure I noted a small block Ford with Weber carbs...very appealing look...but further on in the pricing, I saw that a 289 engine with Weber Carbs was around 25 grand USD. It was rated at 525 hp, which is quite a bit for 289 cubes. I'm assuming it's streetable...but that Weber carbed 289 would be in a fairly high state of tune with that kind of HP, I'm guessing.

I think an old K Code 289/271 HP..mechanical lifters, hot cam, Holley 4 barrel would move that Cobra out nicely and also a 302 OHV/ 225 HP from the '90's would be good too. But a 289 with Weber carbs would be hard to beat in both the looks and performance departments. When the hood would be raised there would be a lot of oohing and aahing...and that would be from grown men.

I also see in the brochure that you can get a Ford 427 FE, I'm assuming it's side oiler and not a 428 FE, although if memory serves me, the 428 FE was available in later AC Cobras from Shelby.

My FIL was a grain farmer in Western Canada, but commuted to his farm from the city during spring, summer, fall..and for a few years used his '66 Meteor 2 dr. hardtop (Cdn. market full size Mercury) to do his commuting...which was usually @ 90 mph, burning farm gas. His Meteor had a 428 FE/ 345 HP with a heavy duty C6 automatic transmission, which I drove on occasion. Very good highway passing with this big Merc. Just the car for big open prairies and long and straight...relatively lonely roads...and that's the voice of experience.

The 428 FE doesn't have the cachet of the 427 FE side oiler, but in 428 Cobra Jet form it would be a pretty strong performer in that lightweight body.

Very nice cars from Kirkham, the stuff dreams are made from.

Les
08-28-2019, 09:23 PM   #1993
dbs
Pentaxian

Bringing oil and gs out of the ground creates new money for our economy. When we really start exporting Crude and LNG in about ten years “THEY” are going to pay “US” rather than the other way round like it has been since 1973. It isn’t Just gasoline and heating gas. Plastic is made from natural gas; certain kinds of fertilizer; as well as 80% of the electricity to power all those battery-powered cars (and server farms for Facebook, Amazon, Netflix, Google and PentaxForums).
Hi Monochrome

I guess i'm in a they country ( Australia ).
Gas sold to overseas at reduculous low compared to domestic pricing I just don't understand.
I just see that we are losing.
Selling your resourcses to the lowest paying bidder is just overall plain dumb.They will not care in the least when we run out they have made their money at our expence.
Of the soapbox now

Dave
08-30-2019, 02:32 PM   #1994
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery

I would love to own one.
Great shot! I've wanted one of these since 1966. Is the one in the pic the real deal?

Jer
08-30-2019, 02:59 PM   #1995
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Great shot! I've wanted one of these since 1966. Is the one in the pic the real deal?

Jer
Not sure Jer, and I didn’t ask the owner even though he was sitting right there.

Sorry, eh?