Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-20-2021, 11:13 PM   #2461
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
We’ll assume it’s the one on the right!
Wouldn't that be nice? Outside my budget, unfortunately. The one on the left has more luggage space for a road trip.

QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
I'd wouldn't mind the one on the left. They're great drivers.
They are indeed. It's my third turbo Saab and replaced an '89 900 Aero/SPG.

07-20-2021, 11:58 PM - 3 Likes   #2462
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cdd29 Quote
I have the same problem with my 370z. We have a pitch to our driveway and everytime I pull in or out: SCRAAAAAAAAAAAPE
I have to take the entrance to our driveway very slowly at an angle and there are some places I just can't go. The worst damage I did was backing down at the top of our driveway. It's a bit tricky because it's steep with a 120 degree turn. I need to stay near the LH edge. I got a bit too close to the edge and dropped the front wheel off the edge into the kitty litter. I back down from the left branch up to where this photo was taken and then forwards down hill. It's very steep around the inside edge of the curve. Our house, top LH corner, is the first of three houses on this private driveway.
Name:  Driveway 11 Tareebin Road.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  385.1 KB
08-01-2021, 01:19 AM - 2 Likes   #2463
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I live 900kms from the nearest major town/city so need a bit of versatility and reliability.

Had visitors over the weekend so took them to the northernmost tip of mainland Australia. 160kms on corrugated gravel roads with a couple of river crossings above the sills (or maybe higher).
No leaks and no engine or electrical or braking issues. These things are sold under various names all round the world and relish these kinds of conditions.

Mitsubishi Triton MQ GLX Dualcab

Two hours later it was clean again.

Last edited by Arjay Bee; 08-01-2021 at 01:25 AM.
08-01-2021, 11:54 AM   #2464
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Arjay Bee Quote
I live 900kms from the nearest major town/city so need a bit of versatility and reliability.

Had visitors over the weekend so took them to the northernmost tip of mainland Australia. 160kms on corrugated gravel roads with a couple of river crossings above the sills (or maybe higher).
No leaks and no engine or electrical or braking issues. These things are sold under various names all round the world and relish these kinds of conditions.
Mitsubishi Triton MQ GLX Dualcab
Two hours later it was clean again.
All you need is a creek with a foot of water in it ...

08-01-2021, 01:52 PM   #2465

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Arjay Bee Quote
Hmm, I didn't believe you, so I looked it up... yeah, that's about right. You're way out there!
For comparison, where I was born and where my Mom still lives is 75 miles (115 km) from a major town/city. I tell people I grew up 45 miles from the nearest stoplight and they don't believe me. I learned to drive on a tractor and an ATV.
08-02-2021, 01:17 AM - 1 Like   #2466
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bogwalker Quote
Hmm, I didn't believe you, so I looked it up... yeah, that's about right.
Haha - Australia is big. Weipa is down the road - but a country mining town with not a lot of support - Cairns is the nearest major city and where we bought the car - came up to us on a container freighter like all the other supplies except for fresh water and fresh air. We have a local generator as the town is too remote to be linked to the grid and all the fuel for the four engines that drive the generator is also freighted up.

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
All you need is a creek with a foot of water in it ...
Yeah true - but due to all the red ferrous oxide or bauxite from the iron ore in the soil and rocks all the local rivers run red at the moment - thats how it got the red in the first place. So processed water it is...
The picture below shows a bit of the clean gained from a river crossing - note the bubble rings...

Last edited by Arjay Bee; 08-02-2021 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Image added
08-03-2021, 06:31 AM - 1 Like   #2467
Pentaxian

I've got to be honest, this thread is quite interesting to me lately....My wife and I came to the realization that we've only had our sailboat off the trailer 2 times this summer, so we're talking about selling the boat and getting rid of the truck. A two door truck turned out to be less practical than I realized, plus and we won't need it anymore after the boat is gone.

We'll still have my 1992 Miata and my wife's RAV4, but eliminating the need for a truck will open a lot of options for a "daily driver" that I can use. I rarely go more than 30 miles from the house, so I'm considering an EV.

08-04-2021, 12:37 AM - 3 Likes   #2468
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My son has a 2007 MX-5 Sport in metallic aubergine, one of only 400 of this specification released in the UK. He loves it!
08-23-2021, 05:41 PM - 1 Like   #2469

Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor Long Range. It is fabulous and there is nothing to dislike.
08-23-2021, 06:26 PM - 1 Like   #2470
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

2019 Chevy Colorado ZR2 (mine)
2018 Nissan Pathfinder (wife's)
2014 Nissan 370z (joint custody)

No complaints other than the Chevy's gas mileage and when my wife wants to take the 370z.
09-04-2021, 01:56 PM - 2 Likes   #2471
Pentaxian

Trying to justify to myself taking this for a test drive!

09-04-2021, 05:12 PM - 2 Likes   #2472
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Definitely. You don't want to just buy it sight unseen.
09-05-2021, 10:32 AM - 1 Like   #2473
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Even if you don't want to buy it, why not?
09-10-2021, 05:24 AM - 4 Likes   #2474
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
Even if you don't want to buy it, why not?
Having driven it there was no way I was leaving it with the dealer!!

More pics here

https://flic.kr/s/aHsiN6uD3e

Last edited by timb64; 09-10-2021 at 07:25 AM.
09-10-2021, 02:48 PM   #2475
Pentaxian

More pics here
Interesting to look at your vehicles prevously experienced, Tim. How does the Mazda compare to the Audi, similar or different? They seem to fall into a very similar category so not really comparing apples and oranges i would think...