Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-05-2022, 06:15 AM - 6 Likes   #2581
Pentaxian

My Focus hit 230,000 yesterday. Come on 250......

02-24-2022, 12:44 PM - 5 Likes   #2582
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by microlight Quote
How did you get you, the missus and the dog in a two seater? (Dog in the boot?) 😉
I’m going to have to search for the SD card that had a picture of them both crammed into the front, but the the wife and I once took a two hour road trip in ours.

60lb dog on the floor board, between her knees, and luggage stuffed behind the seats because the cooler was in the trunk.

She insisted on driving for the return trip. Old Stinky was just happy to be going for a ride in the car.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone XS  Photo 
02-24-2022, 12:56 PM - 4 Likes   #2583
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by trixtroll Quote
I’m going to have to search for the SD card that had a picture of them both crammed into the front, but the the wife and I once took a two hour road trip in ours.

60lb dog on the floor board, between her knees, and luggage stuffed behind the seats because the cooler was in the trunk.

She insisted on driving for the return trip. Old Stinky was just happy to be going for a ride in the car.
Does the wife know you refer to her as Old Stinky on-line?!
02-24-2022, 06:38 PM   #2584
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
Does the wife know you refer to her as Old Stinky on-line?!
Ha.

That’s what she called the dog. Poor guy had the worst gas, but loved car rides.

02-24-2022, 07:25 PM - 1 Like   #2585
CBM
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by trixtroll Quote
Ha.

That’s what she called the dog. Poor guy had the worst gas, but loved car rides.
I like "old stinky" - reminds me of my old guy - I called him "stinker". He's be sleeping peacefully on the living room rug; suddenly he'd wake and look back at his own rear end...then quietly slink out of the room...moments later, you understood why!
05-02-2022, 11:46 AM   #2586
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Florida Man strikes again!

From the More Money than Sense department:

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/florida-ford-gt-owner-crashes-180400871.html

Chris
05-02-2022, 12:04 PM   #2587
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote

Chris
probably uses a Phase One XT just for selfies

Last edited by cdd29; 05-02-2022 at 01:02 PM.
05-02-2022, 12:54 PM   #2588
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums

Chris
Proof that having the money doesn't mean one has the skill to own and operate a vehicle like that.
05-03-2022, 10:05 AM - 3 Likes   #2589
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"Unfamiliar with how to drive a stick shift." Ha! Also no license, registration or insurance.

He made some quick progress in adjusting his money to match his sense level.
06-23-2022, 02:48 PM - 4 Likes   #2590
Veteran Member

Hi there after a long quiet time, but I was thinking of some of you guys when I heard about this actually pretty awesome old lady getting her most-wanted sort of Mercedes convertible. There are a few bugs with some of the niceties and otherwise 90's age luxury car bits, I guess, so if any of you know good Mercedes experts particularly somewhere around Ohio, please do give suggestions here.

Also, generally hi.
07-29-2022, 08:41 PM   #2591
Pentaxian

This is always a fun thread.

My Toyota Tacoma is nearing its expiration. The wife really dislikes that’s it’s a stick and my nephew’s car seat doesn’t fit the folding jump seats well.

I love(ed) the reliability, torquey little 4cyl, handy little storage cubbies under the jump seats, and cup holders big enough for Nalgene bottles. I’d probably keep it around for a few more years if it was a 4 door….

We placed a deposit on a Subaru Crosstrek this week. I’m not thrilled about the car payment or CVT transmission, but it’ll definitely have better road manners and gas mileage.

We still have my wife’s car and the Miata, but the latter is a 30 year old sports car that also doesn’t accommodate car seats.
08-01-2022, 05:53 PM - 2 Likes   #2592
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Haven't had it long enough to make a full report, but kinda unexpectedly traded my '14 Nissan 370z in on a '18 Mustang. Stopped in at a dealer over the weeknd trying to troubleshoot a weird noise (ta plastic panel on the bottom of it came loose and was flapping around banging on the bottom of the car). Anyway, I saw a Mustang that caught my eye and was curious. Salesman came out and we started talking about the 370. Long story short, they ended making me an offer I couldn't refuse and offered me way more than I paid for it. 100,000+ miles vs. 30,000 and better fuel economy pretty much sealed the deal. Downside is it's not a V8 but a turbo 4cyl. It's a proven platform but violates my rule of nothing less than 6 cylinders. On paper it's pretty evenly matched against the 370. Off the line the 370 definitely has the advantage. However once the turbo spools up it's a little different story. It definitely sound like a 4 cylinder and is a little anemic, but I can fix that. Already have some upgrades ordered and looking at a tune, exhaust, etc. Looks like I'm done buying camera gear for awhile...
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SM-S908U  Photo 
08-01-2022, 06:31 PM   #2593
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cdd29 Quote
Haven't had it long enough to make a full report, but kinda unexpectedly traded my '14 Nissan 370z in on a '18 Mustang. Stopped in at a dealer over the weeknd trying to troubleshoot a weird noise (ta plastic panel on the bottom of it came loose and was flapping around banging on the bottom of the car). Anyway, I saw a Mustang that caught my eye and was curious. Salesman came out and we started talking about the 370. Long story short, they ended making me an offer I couldn't refuse and offered me way more than I paid for it. 100,000+ miles vs. 30,000 and better fuel economy pretty much sealed the deal. Downside is it's not a V8 but a turbo 4cyl. It's a proven platform but violates my rule of nothing less than 6 cylinders. On paper it's pretty evenly matched against the 370. Off the line the 370 definitely has the advantage. However once the turbo spools up it's a little different story. It definitely sound like a 4 cylinder and is a little anemic, but I can fix that. Already have some upgrades ordered and looking at a tune, exhaust, etc. Looks like I'm done buying camera gear for awhile...
Very nice! Congrats! 370z is a great little car and, technically, probably the better car. But, the Mustang is easier to get in and out of and is a very nice looking car.
The 4 cylinder engine is pretty good too. (As a life long V8 man I find that hard to say, but there it is!)

Don't try to do the same stuff around the bends with the Mustang as you could with the 370z though!
08-01-2022, 06:35 PM   #2594
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Chris
Oh boy. And I see the article says: "The car was not registered or insured when the crash occurred."
Ouch. Ouch. Ouch.
08-02-2022, 08:23 PM   #2595
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by cdd29 Quote
Downside is it's not a V8 but a turbo 4cyl. It's a proven platform but violates my rule of nothing less than 6 cylinders.
Wonder why they didn't use the turbo V6 that was used in the F150? Those are pretty zippy.