Honda AC not same My older Ford Edge
Ford AC beast very fast
But Ford discontinue EDGe.

08-02-2022, 11:37 PM   #2597
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Wonder why they didn't use the turbo V6 that was used in the F150? Those are pretty zippy.
They need the clean green twin-turbo 4 pot to satisfy European clean air rules. It's a very good engine and drives quite nicely.
08-02-2022, 11:38 PM   #2598
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dstar Quote
I have 12 months Honda passport AwD
Nice big inside easy drive
Mileage ok V6
Very out of the road
I use for vacation in sand and mad bumpy road and ice road no problem
Only one my complaint Honda AC when T 100 F cooling take long time
Honda AC not same My older Ford Edge
Ford AC beast very fast
But Ford discontinue EDGe.
Check the AC pressure. could be it's low.
08-03-2022, 01:33 AM - 1 Like   #2599
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I will thanks

08-03-2022, 03:14 AM - 3 Likes   #2600
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
From the More Money than Sense department:

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/florida-ford-gt-owner-crashes-180400871.html

Chris
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Oh boy. And I see the article says: "The car was not registered or insured when the crash occurred."
Ouch. Ouch. Ouch.
The headline:

"Florida Ford GT Owner Crashes Because He's "Unfamiliar" With Manual Transmission"

More like he was "unfamiliar" with the accelerator and brake pedals, and a steering wheel.
08-04-2022, 01:13 PM - 1 Like   #2601
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wonder why they didn't use the turbo V6 that was used in the F150? Those are pretty zippy.
This 6th gen Mustang was the first to be exported so Mark is right. They could go from three engine options to two, because the 4 cylinder has more power and 25% more torque than the old V6. Maybe reserve the twin turbo V6 for the Ford GT, and it might be too expensive for the Mustang.
08-12-2022, 05:19 AM - 1 Like   #2602
Pentaxian

The headline:

"Florida Ford GT Owner Crashes Because He's "Unfamiliar" With Manual Transmission"

More like he was "unfamiliar" with the accelerator and brake pedals, and a steering wheel.
I'd think he'd be more likely to stall it and come to a complete stop than ram a tree. I'm not going to be a hypocrite though, as I'm sure muscle memory will get the best of me in the upcoming weeks, now that my daily doesn't have a manual transmission.

I can see it now, "Ohio Man backs over trash cans because he was busy trying to find the clutch pedal in his automatic station wagon."

08-12-2022, 05:59 AM - 1 Like   #2603
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by trixtroll Quote
I'd think he'd be more likely to stall it and come to a complete stop than ram a tree. I'm not going to be a hypocrite though, as I'm sure muscle memory will get the best of me in the upcoming weeks, now that my daily doesn't have a manual transmission.

I can see it now, "Ohio Man backs over trash cans because he was busy trying to find the clutch pedal in his automatic station wagon."
I guess it is difficult for me to understand why people lack the ability to drive cars no matter how they are equipped. It has always been easy for me to move from one vehicle to another, no matter what type or how it operates. Motorcycles, cars, RVs, trucks, tractors, construction equipment, airplanes. I’ve operated all these and more, often without any instruction or outside help.

And I don’t consider myself unique or special. I’m just an average everyday ordinary guy.

So when some dipstick with more money than sense buys an exotic supercar and immediately destroys it, I’m baffled.
08-12-2022, 08:22 AM - 2 Likes   #2604
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I guess it is difficult for me to understand why people lack the ability to drive cars no matter how they are equipped. It has always been easy for me to move from one vehicle to another, no matter what type or how it operates. Motorcycles, cars, RVs, trucks, tractors, construction equipment, airplanes. I’ve operated all these and more, often without any instruction or outside help.

And I don’t consider myself unique or special. I’m just an average everyday ordinary guy.

So when some dipstick with more money than sense buys an exotic supercar and immediately destroys it, I’m baffled.
I'm with you Racer. What I don't understand is how ANYONE can climb into a vehicle other than their own usual driver and don't check out where all the switches and such are. I consider it to be a given than I am going to need the light switch or heater control (or A/C) or defrosters or .... I have a friend who is a member of the RCMP and invited him to keep me company on a trip to Lethbridge. On the way back I felt less than optimum (not unusual at 82) and asked him to drive the rest of the way home. He touched everything before pulling out of the turnout. And he had driven the same model and make before.
08-12-2022, 09:29 AM - 1 Like   #2605
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I used to be better at switching cars when it was my job, but a couple of cars fooled me. I got in a late 70s Porsche 911 to re-park it, did that without issue, then could not find the door handle to get out. It was dark and the latch was not obvious. A transport guy gave me the keys to a BMW 533i and said he couldn't turn off the wipers. They were on a third stalk hidden behind the wheel spokes. At that time (early 80s) GM was using the same turn signal stalk in everything from compacts to dump trucks, so GM was easy. Ford would sometimes sneak the horn onto the turn stalk, though.
08-12-2022, 09:38 AM - 1 Like   #2606
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Just1MoreDave Quote
I used to be better at switching cars when it was my job, but a couple of cars fooled me. I got in a late 70s Porsche 911 to re-park it, did that without issue, then could not find the door handle to get out. It was dark and the latch was not obvious. A transport guy gave me the keys to a BMW 533i and said he couldn't turn off the wipers. They were on a third stalk hidden behind the wheel spokes. At that time (early 80s) GM was using the same turn signal stalk in everything from compacts to dump trucks, so GM was easy. Ford would sometimes sneak the horn onto the turn stalk, though.
I brought a 1958 Mercedes 220S back from Europe when I left the forces. Nobody seemed to be able to get the turn signals to work. The stalk on the left of the steering wheel was the "flash to pash" signal. Turn signals were activated by turning the horn ring. That, BTW, was the most convenient arrangement I have ever had.
08-12-2022, 10:58 AM   #2607
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Just1MoreDave Quote
I usually figure them out pretty quickly, but I was much better when I was regularly traveling and picking up rental cars. I occasionally have a brief moment of confusion, when I instinctively try to downshift and have to remember that it will do that for me.

Now the stupid "infotainment system" is an entirely different story and sucks a good 5 minutes out of my life every time I drive the car and try to get the navigation working.
08-12-2022, 01:51 PM - 4 Likes   #2608
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by trixtroll Quote
I usually figure them out pretty quickly, but I was much better when I was regularly traveling and picking up rental cars. I occasionally have a brief moment of confusion, when I instinctively try to downshift and have to remember that it will do that for me.

Now the stupid "infotainment system" is an entirely different story and sucks a good 5 minutes out of my life every time I drive the car and try to get the navigation working.
I refuse to drive any vehicle where I have to push a button on a screen to turn the defrosters on.
08-12-2022, 03:34 PM - 2 Likes   #2609
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Hi there after a long quiet time, but I was thinking of some of you guys when I heard about this actually pretty awesome old lady getting her most-wanted sort of Mercedes convertible. There are a few bugs with some of the niceties and otherwise 90's age luxury car bits, I guess, so if any of you know good Mercedes experts particularly somewhere around Ohio, please do give suggestions here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxNGnhXTrl8

Also, generally hi.
Generally Hi, back to you. It's been awhile since you and I have exchanged comments, and I'm delighted I saw your post when I randomly decided to look at this thread today after who knows how many years. The Merc is gorgeous! I love convertibles - even with a little bug here or there, they are marvelous to drive! One especially cool factor for an old geezer like me, a convertible can feel far faster than it's actually going. That way I can have fun at socially responsible speeds (and within my aging skill set) and still stay on this side of the grass.

Jer
08-12-2022, 05:42 PM   #2610
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
I refuse to drive any vehicle where I have to push a button on a screen to turn the defrosters on.
I think the integration with smart phones will bring voice commands.

"Siri!"

(In a sexy and sultry voice) "Yes, Master?"

"I want the temperature to be 70°f, please."

(Again with the voice) "As you wish, Master.