Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-16-2015, 05:17 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I think I'm back.

At the end of last May, I rushed my wife to the hospital with signs of a seizure. To make a long and very sad story short, she passed away 12 days later. Living without her has been the absolute worst thing that has ever happened to me, and dealing with all the things that followed her passing like the arrangements, clearing out her items, insurance and whatnot also took their toll. She passed 5 days before her 65th birthday and three weeks before our 46th anniversary.

It has taken me this long to even consider coming back to forum in any capacity, as my heart just wasn't in doing any of my usual routine, which included being here. The past few days have been better and I hope I'm turning a corner back towards normalcy and a return to the things I liked to do before her passing. I want to thank Adam and my fellow moderators for their understanding on my absence and their support.

07-16-2015, 05:37 AM   #2
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have not shared messages with you before, Tom, but you have my sympathy. You and your wife were a long time together and I can relate to that because my wife and I are about that same age and will celebrate 45 years of marriage this year. But welcome back to the Forum and I hope you can establish a new "normalcy" for yourself soon.
Peter
07-16-2015, 07:24 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Oh wow. Tom you have my condolences. That all said I want to encourage you in any way I can. Yes it can be very difficult but keep on going. Endure it well if at all possible.

If you try to have a little fun even though it's been difficult you will come out the other side a better man than you already are.

We are all here for you man. Hang in there.
07-16-2015, 07:32 AM   #4
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome back, Tom.

07-16-2015, 07:38 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have only been married half as long, but I think I can at least begin to understand.
Outside interests/distractions are important in helping to deal with grief and all that comes with it. Welcome back, if you are truly ready.
07-16-2015, 07:44 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So sorry to hear the news, but welcome back to the forums. Hoping your return will help in some small way.
07-16-2015, 07:47 AM   #7
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Tom, my deepest sympathy in your loss. A few of us here know exactly what you are going thru, so we know the pain, the loneliness, the difficulties of just daily life. I think for me the worst was that friends thought after a short time, that I should be "back to normal".

Thanks for coming here & sharing your grief, believe me, it does help!

It is so good to have you back, even if it will be limited.

07-16-2015, 08:06 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome back, Tom. You have suffered a terrible loss and still must have a lot to deal with but I am sure we all hope that reengaging with PF will easy your burden at least a little.
07-16-2015, 08:15 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Good to see you back buddy. Man that's tough, losing a spouse is about the most stress one can suffer. It takes about a year to develop a new normal, after the old one has been ripped away. Keep with it, day to day. You may not end up being the same person you were before, but you'll end up being something just as good, whether that means coming back to the forum or not. Good luck either way. Make the most of it.
07-16-2015, 08:25 PM   #10
Pentaxian

This is sad news to hear. My prayers are with you. It's good to see you back.
07-17-2015, 02:57 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Ah, man. I'm sorry, Tom... Hugs...
07-17-2015, 03:03 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm sorry for your loss, Tom. I'm sure nothing will ever replace the hole you have in your heart or your life, but I hope that with time the loss becomes less fresh.

Welcome back to the forum, as well.
07-17-2015, 03:07 AM   #13
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Good to have you back, Tom. My thoughts are with you.
07-17-2015, 04:13 AM   #14
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

I am so sorry to have to read that, Tom - I cannot imagine your life right now. Please remember to reach out to friends and family as you continue to grieve and grow into your new life. It may not be better yet, but give it time.
07-17-2015, 05:40 AM   #15
Pentaxian

Tom,
I'm so sorry for your loss. There are no words to make you feel better, if only we would share the pain to take it away...
I can tell that photography helps me. When pain absorbs you completely, take the camera and go out to shot whatever you see, just go out.
Welcome back.