Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-22-2008, 08:02 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Oh Yes, this too: Forward to the Energy Non Crisis

Forword

The content of this manuscript is only as valuable and useful to the reader as the credibility of the authors.
The honesty, integrity, and therefore the credibility, of the authors of this book is unquestionable to the limit of their combined facts and knowledge.

I can personally attest to many of the facts, and certainly many of the conversations quoted in the book, as I spent a week with Chaplain Lindsey on the North Slope of Alaska during the construction of the Trans-Alaska pipeline. I was privileged to talk with high officials of Alyeska Pipeline Service Company. For reasons unknown to me, I was given access to private information that apparently very few outsiders were ever given. I moved among the men at work and in the baracks. My week on the North Slope was a liberal education.
The motivation for this book is to bring facts to the American people as the authors know them. They do not have a political ax to grind nor any personal advantage by bringing forth these facts.Our President has stated that our energy problem is the equivalent of war. Yet he has embraced policies that have continually discouraged and hampered the development of our oil industry.
Nearly ten years ago President Nixon warned of a pending energy shortage unless our domestic production be drastically increased, but Congress insisted on restrictive price controls.

Congress has been urged—and sometimes threatened—by special interest groups to take a negative stance on energy production, but they have miserably failed to take proper action to increase our domestic production. In fact, as you read this book you must come to the realization that energy production has been fiercely stifled by "Government Bureaucracy, " and Congress has sat on its collective hands.
You, the reader, will be left to make your own conclusions as to why this set of facts and circumstances conflict many times with what we have been told by the news media—which is fed its information by Government Agencies and Departments.

It is with great pride and pleasure that I endorse this manuscript and compliment the authors for taking time to do the research and make it available to all of us.
March 19, 1980
Hugh M. Chance
Former Senator of
The State of Colorado

06-22-2008, 08:05 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Read the book here:

The Energy Non-Crisis by Lindsey Williams

Nic
06-22-2008, 10:08 AM   #33

A Baptist minister on one hand, geologists and the wide majority of the scientific community on the other hand...
Who to believe?

That's a tough one!
06-22-2008, 05:38 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by deudeu Quote
A Baptist minister on one hand, geologists and the wide majority of the scientific community on the other hand...
Who to believe?
deudeu, the problem is that if you aren't a scientist working in the field you just have to believe. Speaking strictly, it will be impossible for you to verify or falsify either side. Which is why every possible claim has so many followers.

If, however, you are a scientist working in the field, you are only wondering how all those claims can survive as they seem trivial to falsify.

06-23-2008, 10:18 AM   #35

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
deudeu, the problem is that if you aren't a scientist working in the field you just have to believe. Speaking strictly, it will be impossible for you to verify or falsify either side. Which is why every possible claim has so many followers.

If, however, you are a scientist working in the field, you are only wondering how all those claims can survive as they seem trivial to falsify.
It just seams strange take a guy who believes that Jesus will come back and take over the earth for a thousand years as a scientific authority.

But in the end you are right, it is all a matter of faith. Faith in the scientific community or faith in a minister.

Personally, I have made my choice.
06-24-2008, 10:30 PM   #36
Inactive Account

Greasecar Vegetable Fuel Systems
06-25-2008, 07:10 PM   #37

Running a car on vegetable oil sounds like a good idea, but as long as there is starving children in the world i think that there is better things to do with crop...

06-25-2008, 07:23 PM   #38
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Come and listen to a story 'bout a man named Jed
Poor mountaineer barely kept his family fed
Then one day he was shooting for some food,
And up through the ground come a bubbling crude
(Oil that is, black gold, Texas tea)

Last edited by konraDarnok; 06-26-2008 at 07:14 PM.
06-29-2008, 12:16 AM   #39
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by deudeu Quote
Running a car on vegetable oil sounds like a good idea, but as long as there is starving children in the world i think that there is better things to do with crop...
well, why havent we? that would make to much sence wouldnt it.
06-29-2008, 01:09 AM   #40
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
They are all out to get us

Yes! There is plenty of oil down there and the Duke of Edinburgh, Jack Dempsey and their cronies from Exxon are hoarding it for themselves!

Martians will land in Toronto tomorrow!

And I am Napoleon! I am!

Give me strength...
07-12-2008, 02:31 PM   #41
Veteran Member

On Zero Point Energy

for those with true interest in the subject:
Tom Valone - Zero-Point energy extraction from the quantum vacuum

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
I do agree with you. High prices will force us to look in to other possibilities. I myself am attracted to Nikola Tesla's "Zero Point" research. That is something that we might consider expending some of our resources researching.
07-22-2008, 06:30 AM   #42
Veteran Member

Everything you read on the internet is true... oh wait, its not.

Even so, if we had this unlimited suply of oil, should we use it, Global warming and its concequences, some people do anything to go with the same pattern that they refuce to see the concequences of there action.