Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
08-05-2015, 10:01 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
In my younger days, it was motorcycles (street and dirt), VW's, plinking/target shooting & reloading, kites - mostly stunt kites and team/formation flying.
Nowadays, besides photography, it's hiking/dogwalking, music, guitar, bicycling, reading.

Last edited by paulh; 08-05-2015 at 10:58 AM.
08-05-2015, 10:31 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Seems like photographers have quite a diverse range of interests. I suppose it comes with having the disposable income.

- Martial arts, specifically Kuk Sool Won
- Rock climbing (indoor bouldering primarily - I don't have the transport to get to many good spots)
- Swimming
- Cycling
- Video games, though this has dropped by the wayside significantly since I started photography with any seriousness. Time on my computer is spent more on photo editing and geeking out over camera and lens tech.
08-05-2015, 10:55 AM - 2 Likes   #18

I fish and tie flies.

08-05-2015, 12:07 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
(now)
Reading
Kayaking
Fishing
Rock Collecting

(in younger, less-fallen-apart days)
Biking
Shooting (rifle, pistol)
Kung-fu
Scuba Diving
Hiking
Snow skiing
Rock climbing

Jim

08-05-2015, 01:35 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by wombat2go Quote
I would be interested to know what feeder you use.

I have a 200 litre tank with (5) crazy, active goldfish, always hungry.
That is about the limit of fish for that tank size, so I monitor the Ammonia monthly and so far it is in the safe range.
This one:
Resun AF2009 Food Timer
Nice and simple.
08-05-2015, 01:38 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I am now down to one hobby? watching cricket, which I combine with my photography. Although I can't participate anymore apart from some gentle cycling and rambling I was always a one for having a go at 'extreme' activities if given the chance, with anything involving rock faces or mountainous cliffs being my favourite.
08-05-2015, 03:17 PM   #22
Pentaxian

recording, mixing music.....I have a lot crappy music I did myself
it is most fun working on demos for my friend gabe larose as it prepares him for studio work and most definitely sounds better than anything I do myself as he is a gifted musician
http://www.reverbnation.com/aaron28 mostly my stuff which sucks but I enjoy it anyways!!
https://www.reverbnation.com/gabelarose my friends page much better!

08-05-2015, 05:19 PM   #23
Pentaxian

I have a few things that I very much enjoy. Not that I can do them all the time, but I still like it.

Cooking. I am an avid cook. That said I haven't had the time, or really anyone to cook for in quite some time.

Along the same note I love eating 'good' food, which also includes being very adventurous on ethnic foods or whatever. I know it's not much of a hobby but I like to drive to city and sometimes go just to eat all the different stuff from places all around the world.

Travel and/or just being immersed in culture stuff. I have lived all around the world and been to maybe 50 countries. I am possibly planning to move to Africa for a while just for the hell of it.

Firearms. I love em. Pistols, rifles, shotguns, you name it. I am after all a Texan. That said if I had to get really specific as of right now I am really enjoying long range shooting. I can regularly tag an 18" square plate at 700 yards with a 16" AR.

I don't have a whole lot of other hobbies anymore (other than what is mentioned) just stuff I am 'interested in'...
08-05-2015, 07:05 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Other than photography and reading, all of my time goes to my grandkids. I have 2 grandsons (latest born 2 days ago), and a gorgeous 28 month old granddaughter. They take up all my time and most of my $$$.
08-05-2015, 09:02 PM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Started riding motorcycles off-road at age 11, and that has remained my first-love since 1968.

My boyhood interest in astronomy was rekindled at age 41, and I have the telescopes to prove it.

Don't hunt, but have enjoyed shooting since age 10.

Had my own cameras since age 12, but through this forum photography has become more gratifying .

Spent time (or wanted to) with a few other activities, but, with a finite, and unknown, number of days at my disposal, I'm now keeping this list short.
08-05-2015, 09:22 PM   #26

What an awesome range of hobbies everybody has! I'm rather dull in comparison but I'll share any way...

My newest hobby is photography. Something I did as a kid and just picked up again a few months ago when my wife bought me a k50...Sweet!

I've been playing guitar for 27 or so years and I also have a large collection of music.

I'm also a binge reader...well go months without reading anything and then will knock off 12 or so books in no time at all...

My latest hobby is collecting Russian primes and coffee mugs...
08-06-2015, 02:45 AM   #27

Photos: Albums
Sewing
General crafts
Camping, atv's
Rec Tree climbing
08-06-2015, 06:28 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Apart from the cameras mine are:

A crappy old motorbike
Bit of archery (getting back into it once I buy some new arrows etc)
Metalworking (in the process of making a small aluminium foundry)
And reading about history etc.

and most often, cooking.

Currently I have a ham curing. I'm looking forward to October to try it (and find out if it's a lovely cured ham, or if I've just managed to make rotten pork)
08-06-2015, 03:18 PM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fishing & gardening and letting my curiosity send me off on web-surfing binges, mostly about history and the popular music I'd call contemporary (1940-the present).
08-06-2015, 04:24 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Other than Photography, I play with yo-yos and watch NFL.