Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-12-2015, 06:20 PM   #1
Veteran Member

How often do you see THIS happen?

I was making out some bills today and I got a notice in my gas bill telling me that as of Oct 1st, my gas bill would DECREASE by 5.69%! I'm on what they call "level pay." They combine your total gas bills for the previous year, divide by 12 and that's the amount EACH MONTH. As it is, my monthly bill is only $27.00.... and soon, it will even be a little less.

I think it has to do in part because of some HUGE natural gas finds here in SW Idaho.

08-12-2015, 07:59 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
On what will you be spending all your new found cash
08-12-2015, 08:12 PM   #3
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'd be happy with that; I pay $100 month, year around for propane. Sometimes it increases, rarely decreases.

Electrical bill ranges from $40 month, to around $60 month during summer, running the AC.

Last edited by csa; 08-13-2015 at 07:26 AM.
08-12-2015, 11:21 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I consider our utility rates quite moderate compared to some of the horror stories I've heard from my friends in California and other places. In addition to the $27 per month gas rates, my electricity bill, also on level pay, is $143 per month. In the summer months, I have my AC set on 64 degrees and keep it there 24/7's. I've heard my adopted son in CA tell of electricity bills of OVER $450 per MONTH during the hot summer months! Ridiculous!

---------- Post added 08-13-15 at 12:22 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by joip Quote
On what will you be spending all your new found cash

Hmmm.... maybe a K-3?

08-15-2015, 11:30 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The gas and electric utilities offer "level pay" plans here, too, but I don't use them.

My gas bills range from $50 (winter) to $15 (summer)/month.

Electricity from $50 to $250/300 (A/C kept at 78)/month.
08-15-2015, 05:56 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Several ago the agent for my car insurance company contacted me about a new program to offer lower rates.
For a year or two my premiums were significantly lower. But it was short-lived; now they're higher than ever.
My guess is that it was some sort of gimmick to retain customers.

Chris
08-15-2015, 06:07 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The bill comes. I pay it. If it gets obnoxious I change the thermostat.*

* Observations:
  • Older women get hotter. Older men get colder. They still fight about the thermostat but they turn it the other way now.
  • Hot water use has a logarithmic correlation with the number of children in a house. It doesn't change just because they're thirty now. Check your gas bill the month after Christmas visits.
  • There are two kinds of older wives: those who want a large Mercedes now that the Minivan is history, and those who want a Mini Cooper.
  • Two older married people can compact an entire week of trash into one 30 gallon trash bag.
  • Older married people eat out a lot. That isn't because they have excess disposable cash. It's because you can't buy a week's worth of food that feeds only two people.
  • Eventually older married people can figure out how to manage four remotes to operate the television. Just don't ask them to reply to a text.

Last edited by monochrome; 08-15-2015 at 06:22 PM.
08-16-2015, 10:21 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Great observation.

I don't like how the minimum charge on my water bill is $46. Granted it does include trash pick up.

Also since recycling is the law should not everyone do it ? And if not why is something never done. Where I lived until a year ago only 2 people on a 3 mile road recycled. ( $8 a month extra ).

My recycle is normally full on a two week cycle. My trash only 1/5 full on a weekly cycle.
08-16-2015, 10:40 AM   #9
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by condor27596 Quote
Also since recycling is the law should not everyone do it
Possibly a law in your area/state. Here it is voluntary; and very few places in which to take your recycling goods to; for those of us not on a pickup service.
08-16-2015, 11:53 AM   #10
Veteran Member

It actually is a law here. Now me I viewed it as having an extra trashcan for$8. Much more if you want two regular.

Maybe there can be some constitutional argument on making people pay. But for now it is the law and literally 98 percent was not following it.