Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 21 Likes Search this Thread
10-14-2015, 09:34 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
The pentax full frame dslr was pushed back to 2016 due to rupert's squirrels attempting to put subliminal mind control messages into the firmware. Pentax caught the issue but it is taking time to correct it due to how many instances were snuck into each section of the firmware.

10-15-2015, 10:40 AM   #17
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Auzzie-Phoenix Quote
The pentax full frame dslr was pushed back to 2016 due to rupert's squirrels attempting to put subliminal mind control messages into the firmware. Pentax caught the issue but it is taking time to correct it due to how many instances were snuck into each section of the firmwar
You were close...but the reality is that the new FF cameras were found to be infested with actual squirrels. Ricoh is working on it, but they don't come out easy!

Regards!
10-15-2015, 10:51 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Rupert isn't real!
It's Otis who is posting and talking about himself in third person.
Otis's only way to get on the forums is to pretend to be human.
He invented Rupert so he could post selfies of himself (taken with the Bigma...) on this forum.
10-18-2015, 07:44 AM   #19
Veteran Member

It is pretty common for squirrels to have a favorite nut and in this case it is Rupert.

10-18-2015, 10:20 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Colbyt Quote
It is pretty common for squirrels to have a favorite nut and in this case it is Rupert.
Could be? Although they don't treat me all that well.

Otis says squirrels love it here at PF for the wide variety of nuts. They come in an assorted mix of colors, shapes, and sizes. If they have a favorite it is the FF nuts.....Squirrels just can't get enough of them and they never diminish, they just keep multiplying ...like squirrels!

Regards!

This little girly squirrel says she longs to be shot with a Pentax FF to bring out the highlights in her gorgeous coat!
11-05-2015, 10:23 AM   #21
Veteran Member

On a more serious note, going by unconfirmed reports in the Japanese media Otis or one of his cousins have been spotted several times in the Ricoh Boardroom. He simply goes by the name Purple and is a resident of Machida Risu.
By all looks there is an Otis connection here. Rupert can you please confirm if this is the case?
Is this why Ricoh is going to bring back the Pentax logo on the new FF?
11-05-2015, 11:07 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by debakarma Quote
On a more serious note, going by unconfirmed reports in the Japanese media Otis or one of his cousins have been spotted several times in the Ricoh Boardroom. He simply goes by the name Purple and is a resident of Machida Risu.
By all looks there is an Otis connection here. Rupert can you please confirm if this is the case?
Is this why Ricoh is going to bring back the Pentax logo on the new FF?
I have no inside information.....Otis makes it pretty clear, my job here is to supply the nuts and his job is to see that squirrels get them.....he goes first, of course! It's really that simple.

Regards!

11-05-2015, 11:11 AM   #23
Veteran Member

What do you get in exchange for the nuts?
11-05-2015, 06:10 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
good question, I have spent hours wondering that lately...
11-07-2015, 03:18 PM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
A promise from Otis that squirrels won't eat the wiring harness in my Jeep for the third time......

Regards!
11-07-2015, 06:34 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Rupert, if you post more photos of their worldly deeds they might be tempted to sue you for slander. Beaware Otis is Otis.
These must be the works of other rodents. I rest the case here - its beyond dispute.
11-08-2015, 09:12 AM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by debakarma Quote
I rest the case here - its beyond dispute.
There is no dispute...I caught this mama squirrel red handed. She had built a nest under the hood of my Jeep and had destroyed a lot of wiring harness. I found it and cleaned out the empty nest. I worked for over three hours repairing the wiring and went it to take a breather and drink some coffee to warm up. About 30 minutes later I went back out to finish up and she had returned and eaten away all the new wiring I had just redone.

I got out the trap and loaded it with peanuts. In another 15 minutes she was inside and trapped...madder than hell!

I made Otis look at the damage and he sentenced her to exile in the City Park, so I took here there and when I released her she tried to attack me.
My Jeep ended up in the shop and $700. later it was like new. I now keep socks full of mothballs under the hood year around...you can smell me coming for miles.......and you can ride in my Jeep secure that no moths will eat away at your clothing!

One angry mama squirrel!

Regards!
11-08-2015, 06:44 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Sorry to hear about the damage. I had no idea squirrels can do that. We have big field rats where we live, they do these things. I have seen then lurking under our car in the evenings and neighbours have warned me about them. But so far nothing.

Perhaps you feed them too many peanuts - maybe they are getting nuts. lol
11-09-2015, 08:40 AM   #29
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
When I was looking to move to Orlando, and were were waiting on our closing appointment. My wife and I took a stroll through the park around the Lake in Downtown Orlando.... a bit unstable fellow came upon us and began regaling us with stories about the squirrel spy army, sent here by the former USSR and that since then, all the natural squirrels had been replaced by Russian spies, watching our every move. This guy was very serious as well! Was that you Rupert/Otis? Is that the truth behind your squirrels?!
11-09-2015, 04:16 PM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by VampyreGTX Quote
This guy was very serious as well! Was that you Rupert/Otis? Is that the truth behind your squirrels?!
Mrs Rupert is from Orlando.....been to the lake downtown a few times....but it wasn't me I guarantee! Anyhow, it appears that squirrels don't have much use for Russians..or at least their dogs?
BBC NEWS | Europe | Russian squirrel pack 'kills dog'

It is one reason I don't venture out into the Woods of Otis often, and never without protection.

Regards!