Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-27-2015, 06:59 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Help defeat ALS

Swift1 whose photos have graced these pages is Colton Allen, who struggles with ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig's Disease. He is mounting a fund-raising effort for the ALS Association Walk to Defeat ALS. See this link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/daiku_san/20314193694/ He posts regularly to Flickr; his photos are remarkable for their ability to find beauty in the mundane.

I hope Pentaxians will join in this effort to defeat a disease affecting one of our own.

Last edited by photolady95; 08-28-2015 at 04:53 AM. Reason: removed price comments.
08-27-2015, 07:42 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Good on you, George, for bringing this to our attention. As I've said in past threads with Colton, there are probably many more of us here, whose families are touched by Motor Neurone Disease, of which ALS is one variant, including my brother-in-law. For Australian members who are interested or are seeking assistance, there is also this support group, who had members participating in the NY Marathon recently. There's a big research and support effort going on around the world, and I urge everyone here to contribute to it, however they can.
08-27-2015, 08:05 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thank you for the reminder and the link. I have two friends with ALS and two family members who had been afflicted by an associated disorder.

Steve
08-29-2015, 04:37 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Thank you for the reminder and the link. I have two friends with ALS and two family members who had been afflicted by an associated disorder.

Steve
Glad to be of service. I hope that many of us will pitch in and help with the fight against ALS, and enjoy one of Daiku-san's fine photos.