Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-18-2008, 06:16 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Photobucket got hacked

I posted a pic on a new thread on pentaxforums earlier today. The pic I posted was linked to my photobucket.com account. Later in the day, I saw that my pic wasn't displayed on the thread I started. I tried to open my photobucket.com account and got the message listed below. Looks like your pictures are not always same when stored online.

-------

Quote:
IMPORTANT! Photobucket.com problem read here:
Last night Photobucket.com DNS at register.com was hacked by malicious people that are trying to compromise our business!
We are in no way affiliated with such bad deeds and cooperate with photobucket in capturing these individuals.
They have pointed the domain photobucket.com to an account hosted on our systems!
We have blocked that and photobucked techs have restored the domain pointing to its original location!
ALL account information and pictures on photobucket.com are OK, please have patience!

Unfortunately the complete DNS replication usually takes 24-48 hours and during this time caches DNS records might still point to us!
The normal operation of Photobucket is restored and as soon as the replication is complete there should be no further such issues!
We would like to emphasize that we are in now way responsible for what happens with photobucket and all users bumping across our systems!
We are a legitimate web hosting company operating since 2003 and in no way tolerate such hacking attempts!

06-18-2008, 07:09 PM   #2

I just used it and it seams fine. I will see if my picture moves in the near future.
Thanks for the head's up!