Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-23-2015, 12:53 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
UPS Problem

So I've been checking my UPS tracking link periodically, awaiting for my Cokin Graduated ND Filter Set I bought from Adorama to arrive.

Yesterday it said "The street prefix is either missing or incorrect. This may delay delivery. We're attempting to update the address. / The address has been corrected. The delivery has been rescheduled."

Then earlier today, it says "Out For Delivery".

So I thought they had the address problem fixed and waited for my package to arrive today.

Just recently now, it says "The receiver was not available at the time of the first delivery attempt. A second attempt will be made."

Didn't think there would be a siganture requirement, doesn't say so anywhere. The Cokin Graduated ND Filter Set isn't that expensive either.

I've never heard a knock on my door, never had a note left behind. Should I be worried?

EDIT: Screenshto now taken.

Last edited by LeDave; 09-23-2015 at 01:19 PM.
09-23-2015, 02:35 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
No, it's just the UPS driver putting in codes so he can skip your address. I've had it happen all the time back in OH. I'd see the truck drive past without even stopping. I've stood next to the door waiting for the faintest knock... nothing, but you can bet the status on the tracker said otherwise.
09-23-2015, 02:43 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Auzzie-Phoenix Quote
No, it's just the UPS driver putting in codes so he can skip your address. I've had it happen all the time back in OH. I'd see the truck drive past without even stopping. I've stood next to the door waiting for the faintest knock... nothing, but you can bet the status on the tracker said otherwise.
Thanks a bunch! I feel better now, should arrive by tomorrow for sure then, right?
09-23-2015, 02:45 PM   #4
Veteran Member

No guarantees... I've had to arrange to pick stuff up before because the guy just left 3 hangtags on the door without knocking.

09-24-2015, 07:15 AM   #5
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've had a few nightmare experiences wit UPS and use them only if there is no other option. Have a friend that is a driver......they have a bag full of tricks and use them often.
USPS and FedX are much better choices in my opinion.

Regards!
09-24-2015, 12:59 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ugh, I think I'm going to have to call UPS but I don't even know which UPS to call.

"Second Attempt Made"

EDIT: Woohoo, contacted them and they said they can either change the address to the correct one so it'll deliver tomorrow or I can pick it up at the postal office today.

Last edited by LeDave; 09-24-2015 at 01:22 PM.
09-24-2015, 01:23 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I've had a few nightmare experiences wit UPS and use them only if there is no other option. Have a friend that is a driver......they have a bag full of tricks and use them often.
USPS and FedX are much better choices in my opinion.

Regards!
+1 ditto! I have little use for the brown trucks.

Phil.

09-24-2015, 01:28 PM   #8
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I think it mainly depends on your driver. My UPS driver is awesome, if he can't get his truck up my road during the winter, he will call me and wait down by my mailbox for me to meet him to get the package. He could very well just take it back to town, but he always gets the package to me, even when it means he has to sit & wait.

FedEx, not so good for my deliveries.

Last edited by csa; 09-24-2015 at 02:30 PM.
09-24-2015, 03:22 PM   #9
Veteran Member

I have had zero problems with UPS. For expensive sign for stuff I send to work. Otherwise they throw it on the porch. FedEx is a pain I always have to sign and leave get next day. Granted that is for usually loan docs or something. USPS has also been kind to me. 99 percent of what I buy is by mail.
09-25-2015, 02:24 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
I think it mainly depends on your driver. My UPS driver is awesome, if he can't get his truck up my road during the winter, he will call me and wait down by my mailbox for me to meet him to get the package. He could very well just take it back to town, but he always gets the package to me, even when it means he has to sit & wait.

FedEx, not so good for my deliveries.
Winner winner, chicken dinner! Like many things in life, it depends on the person involved. Like Carol's, our regular driver is great, and we've had no problems. Other drivers, not so great. When I was a Federally licensed firearms dealer, I had one who left a box with a pistol lying on my porch, which is obviously a huge no-no. USPS is the same. If you get a good mail carrier, you'll have very few problems. We used to have one that even left dog biscuits for the 'boys'. They got very excited when I'd say "Puppies got mail!". The carrier we have now is late all the time, sometimes not getting here until after 7pm and we get other people's mail a lot and have even had one package disappear after he claimed to have delivered it.
09-26-2015, 07:02 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Our UPS driver is great. In the winter he can't get down my driveway (well he could get down but not back up to leave). In the past he would walk the packages from the road to the house (850' driveway part of which is steep). Since I've been home now and having signed up for the myUPS site (whatever it's called) I get notifications for the day of delivery. So the last couple years I will park my tractor (with front bucket) at the top of the driveway for him to drop the packages. I'm sure he would call me but there is no cell service here. I feel he is going above and beyond his call of duty to walk those packages down the slippery driveway all these years.....
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DMC-LX5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
DMC-LX5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
DMC-LX5  Photo 
09-27-2015, 09:41 AM   #12
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Curious; did the OP ever get his package?
09-28-2015, 01:23 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
Curious; did the OP ever get his package?
Yep! The address on the package is completely off. That address was 25 minutes away from where I live. Luckily it was an apartment complex and that nobody was there to answer the postal guy twice the time he tried to deliver. Otherwise the guy living in the apartment could've claimed it his. I went on UPS help chat at UPS website and they said they'll changed the address to the correct one, my address. They had someone call me to set-up a pick-up schedule with UPS and was able to pick it up.
09-28-2015, 02:10 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote
Yep! The address on the package is completely off. That address was 25 minutes away from where I live. Luckily it was an apartment complex and that nobody was there to answer the postal guy twice the time he tried to deliver. Otherwise the guy living in the apartment could've claimed it his. I went on UPS help chat at UPS website and they said they'll changed the address to the correct one, my address. They had someone call me to set-up a pick-up schedule with UPS and was able to pick it up.
Then it doesn't sound like it was UPS's fault but the shipper's instead.