Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-27-2015, 07:27 AM   #16
Pentaxian

You could also just download and install Chrome -- if there are remnants of another installation it will reinstall over them and hopefully repair. There is no reason to fear a legit copy of Chrome. My worry is you don't have chrome at all, but you know, most people do have it...

09-27-2015, 08:46 AM   #17

Original Poster
I thought I'd check the registry out and see if anything turned up. Under Edit I did a search for "chrome" and the only thing that showed up was "chrome_SP". I don't know if that's it or not.
09-27-2015, 12:44 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
You could also just download and install Chrome -- if there are remnants of another installation it will reinstall over them and hopefully repair. There is no reason to fear a legit copy of Chrome. My worry is you don't have chrome at all, but you know, most people do have it...
Or you could go on a seek and destroy mission like anyone that hates google stuff invading their pc.... if you MUST use chrome, then use something like srware iron or chromium, not google's spyware version. As it is, colcolt, google_sp would most likely refer to chrome searchpanel or chrome searchpane. I'm guessing that avast probably added the google search bar to your browser as an add-on.
09-27-2015, 12:59 PM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Auzzie-Phoenix Quote
Or you could go on a seek and destroy mission like anyone that hates google stuff invading their pc.... if you MUST use chrome, then use something like srware iron or chromium, not google's spyware version. As it is, colcolt, google_sp would most likely refer to chrome searchpanel or chrome searchpane. I'm guessing that avast probably added the google search bar to your browser as an add-on.
Yeah, I would install it mainly as a repair measure for this shutdown problem in case there is some corrupted chrome languishing in the system, then keep or not keep as desired.