Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-30-2015, 09:11 AM   #16
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Dewman, just curious, what's your elevation there? I'm at about 4,000 ft.

09-30-2015, 09:16 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Last year, I planted an even dozen tomato plants! I don't have a clue what got into me.... I just did. By the end of the season, I literally had five-gallon buckets of tomatoes I couldn't use. I took off with them, in a wheelbarrow, going throughout the neighborhood, knocking on the doors of people I didn't even know..... just to see if I could get rid of some of them. You'd be surprised (or maybe not!) at the looks people game me when they saw me coming up their driveway with this cart-load of tomatoes! I think they thought I was one of the door-to-door tamale salespeople! Finally, after making a lot of phone calls, I managed to dispose of all of them. This year, I scaled back and set out only three plants. Even at that, I've got more than I can use. I considered making home-made salsa - 'cause I've got a killer recipe - but, it's just more hassle than it's worth. Life can be such a pain when you make it so!

---------- Post added 09-30-15 at 10:16 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
Dewman, just curious, what's your elevation there? I'm at about 4,000 ft.

We're at 2,546 ft.
09-30-2015, 09:52 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
The photo of Otis is priceless!
Otis thanks you Dewman, and said he knew you meant "Otis is priceless!"

Regards!
10-01-2015, 05:39 PM   #19
Pentaxian

The squirrels destroyed my sunflowers! They hadn't even gone to seed yet and they knocked them down and ripped the flowers apart! I caught them in the act a few days ago.

10-07-2015, 09:04 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who enjoys a tomato/mayo sandwich...it's my dirty little secret!
10-07-2015, 09:41 AM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
The squirrels destroyed my sunflowers! They hadn't even gone to seed yet and they knocked them down and ripped the flowers apart! I caught them in the act a few days ago.
Otis advises that you didn't pay your Squirrel Taxes.....he sends his regrets, but advises that you budget for roasted peanuts and black oil sunflower seeds in sufficient quantities to avoid such future destruction.
He also advises that the usual response is to "shoot those mangy critters". He says to keep in mind that he can produce squirrels faster than you can buy ammo!

Regards!