Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-23-2008, 10:06 AM   #1
Veteran Member

russia advances, wooooot

i know its a day old but i just figured id get that out there since this hasnt happened in a long freaking time.

spain will probably kick our ass now but who knows, no one thought the netherlands would lose.

06-24-2008, 05:33 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Don't bet on Spain kicking your arse. It's too bad Donadoni wanted to go for penalty shots thinking Gigi would save the day.

I'm betting on Russia being in the final - no kidding.
06-24-2008, 06:03 AM   #3

Spain - Germany final, 'nuff said!

Thanks

PS. Although I was really hoping the Dutch would win this year, but spain deserve it more as they never have won anything.
06-25-2008, 04:32 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
but spain deserve it more as they never have won anything.
Wrong reason I think.

06-25-2008, 06:21 AM   #5

How so? They have always been a very good team but seem to stumble at the end on a consistent basis.

Thanks

PS. Their club teams (at least a couple years back when R. Madrid was #1) have always been dominant with Spanish players in the club teams yet it has never translated to national success.
06-25-2008, 06:43 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
well if we're going to go by who "deserves it"

"russia" (not USSR) has never in their history reached the finals, so.. yeah .. i think they deserve it more.. hahaha.
06-25-2008, 03:51 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
well if we're going to go by who "deserves it"

"russia" (not USSR) has never in their history reached the finals, so.. yeah .. i think they deserve it more.. hahaha.
Ger V Rus would make for an interesting final, i think. :-)

06-25-2008, 04:19 PM   #8
Veteran Member

in 68, USSR lost by coin toss
06-25-2008, 07:32 PM   #9
Damn Brit

This is a bit off topic but I think it's related. Reading this thread made me think about how it is called Football in pretty much every country apart from America and this is reversed when it comes to America's 'Football'.
Just thought that was interesting.
Gary
06-26-2008, 06:04 AM   #10
Veteran Member

These trophies will not necessarily end up in the deserved hands but on the other hand, you at least have to work for it.
06-26-2008, 06:34 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
JCSullivan, probably right, and a big sigh of relief for me seeing the Italians go out, cause we all know what they're capable of when the stage gets bigger and bigger (Pirlo was really missed on all angles).

About the american football, how can an egg be named a ball, shouldn't it rather be called foot-egg .-)

About the soviets, yes they landed one European Championship in 1960.

About public resonance here in Germany, very good especially since the World Cup two years ago. Just plain fun, here's one of a zillion public viewing places, second half Russia-Netherlands,

And the Turks' celebration after advancing to the semifinals, again very peaceful,

Y'all probably know by now that our german team kicked the Turks out yesterday (another nailbiter). Anyway it goes tonight for the Russians or the Spanish, it's just fun to go out here watching the games!

Georg
06-26-2008, 07:03 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Status update? I really don't care much for football, and now that Romania is out I really have no more interest in it.

Well, almost.

So how is the championship progressing?
06-26-2008, 07:05 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Germany advanced to the finals by beating Turkey,

today the Russian play Spain, winner will play Germany for 1st place.
06-26-2008, 07:06 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Germany advanced to the finals by beating Turkey,

today the Russian play Spain, winner will play Germany for 1st place.

YES!

It's not that I like the Germans very much, but I dislike the Turks more.

France was by far the most disappointing team this year.
06-26-2008, 08:06 AM   #15
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
This is a bit off topic but I think it's related. Reading this thread made me think about how it is called Football in pretty much every country apart from America and this is reversed when it comes to America's 'Football'.
Just thought that was interesting.
Gary

my brother is the biggest 'american' football fan I know (green bay packers), but I actually like football 'soccer' I played in high school (as well as being an army cadet) and I still love the sport, admittedly my team hasn't done well in recent years or very well ever really but I will always support the FAI Eircom Irish League, go boys in green! Im also a USA fan of course.

when it comes to the finals (with the lack of Ireland & USA) I support Germany all the way.

Im also a huge FIA WRC fan as well... seems as though Im very 'european' in my sports. always wanted to move to the Republic of Ireland anyway, maybe I will someday so I can watch my sports in person instead of paying out the ass to see them on TV.

Last edited by séamuis; 06-26-2008 at 08:13 AM.