Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread
10-20-2015, 04:19 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Hope not, Chris, that would just reward escalating vigilante road ragers!

A traffic offence by those bikers is a separate matter.

Can only car drivers have road rage? What would you call the blatant disregard for
traffic laws and safety by too many bikers that daily endangers all vehicles on the road?

How are the bikers illegal actions separate? They helped precipitate the incident.

Chris

10-20-2015, 04:32 PM - 1 Like   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
Can only car drivers have road rage? What would you call the blatant disregard for
traffic laws and safety by too many bikers that daily endangers all vehicles on the road?

How are the bikers illegal actions separate? They helped precipitate the incident.

Chris

A jury won't agree with you, Chris.

The correct action is to pull over and phone the police.

It's not to take 'em out.
10-20-2015, 04:36 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The correct action is to pull over and phone the police.

Spoken like a true biker. You know that would give you plenty of "getaway" time...

I don't condone the car drivers stupid actions and his apparent lack of remorse.
But if the bikers hadn't attempted to pass illegally the accident would never have happened.

Chris
10-20-2015, 04:42 PM   #19
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Spoken like a true biker. You know that would give you plenty of "getaway" time...

I don't condone the car drivers stupid actions and his apparent lack of remorse.
But if the bikers hadn't attempted to pass illegally the accident would never have happened.

Chris

I'm a driver, Chris, not a motorcyclist, but dislike this turning a misdemeanour by one party into an actual crime by the other.

The only injuries in this incident occurred because of the driver's actions.

Surprised he didn't have a gun in the glove compartment to complete the job.

Last edited by clackers; 10-20-2015 at 04:48 PM.
10-20-2015, 04:55 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I'm not a biker, and I dislike those young bikers who run like crazy on highway. Sometimes it's even hard to notice them between cars before they pass my car from any side.
It's not the point.
The biker committed traffic violation, but the car driver attempted totally unnecessary move (no cars ahead to pass) just to mess with the biker. It's totally different than traffic violation, and no one ever has rights to "punish" someone on the road that way for whatever reason. Period.
And the guy had no any sign of remorse or empathy. None.
10-20-2015, 05:02 PM   #21
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
With his total disregard for the injuries to the bikers; I wouldn't be so sure this wouldn't have happened, even if the cyclist attempted to pass him legally.
10-20-2015, 05:10 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The only injuries in this incident occurred because of the driver's actions.

Surprised he didn't have a gun in the glove compartment to complete the job.
Injuries occurred because the biker could not maintain balance and keep the two-wheeled vehicle upright.
Had it been two cars there might have been a fender-bender, but probably no injuries.

Who mentioned guns? I don't own one, and neither do most Americans.

Chris

10-20-2015, 05:31 PM   #23
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Injuries occurred because the biker could not maintain balance and keep the two-wheeled vehicle upright.

You keep saying that, Chris, we'll just have to see whether the court agrees with you.

Enough from me.
10-20-2015, 05:35 PM   #24
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Yeah, it's the biker's fault for not being able to maintain the balance of the cycle, when a car side-swiped him! The accident happened because the driver decided he did not want motorcyclists on the road!

Wow!
10-20-2015, 05:40 PM - 3 Likes   #25
Pentaxian

Great defense.
Injuries occurred because of the victim's slow reaction to avoid knife cuts;
because the victim did not properly calculate the bullet trajectory;
because the victim could not run fast...
10-20-2015, 05:48 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bikers and their supporters fail to realize that motorcycles are inherently unsafe.
Their often unsafe riding practices only exacerbate this.

I used to think helmet laws were probably a good idea.
Now I realize it doesn't matter - there's not much in there to protect!

Chris
10-20-2015, 08:23 PM - 1 Like   #27
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Bikers and their supporters fail to realize that motorcycles are inherently unsafe.
Their often unsafe riding practices only exacerbate this.

I used to think helmet laws were probably a good idea.
Now I realize it doesn't matter - there's not much in there to protect!

Chris
There are many, many more safe riding motorcyclists, than there are that practice unsafe riding practices. I don't know how many thousands of miles I put on bikes on highways, and never got even a scratch. As far as helmets, and "there's not much in there to protect"; thank you very much! You don't know us, and for you to generalize all riders in such a narrow point of view, only reflects back on you.
10-20-2015, 08:49 PM - 1 Like   #28
mee
Veteran Member

I too wonder if the bikers will be ticketed for their illegal lane change. But I'm guessing they won't due to the injuries and media exposure.

I've seen bikers on crotchrockets and harleys.. doing 90+ on 55 mph roads (once blazing through a red light at which traffic was stopped!)... zipping through heavy traffic between lanes... hugging close to rear of cars. I can understand the frustration of other drivers. Still doesn't mean anyone has a right to 'teach them a lesson' as it seems this guy was trying to do.

I figure if a biker wants to jeopardize his/her life, so be it... I won't/can't stop them. Nor will I have much sympathy for them when (not if) they crash. Sympathy for their families, but not them. It is only a matter of time for the unsafe bikers.. and they are a dime a dozen it seems. At least in a 3000 lbs box, there are all kinds of safety devices. On a bike it is your helmet, your jacket, and your gloves.. vs 3000 lbs boxes and asphalt. NOT the situation in which to take risks.
10-20-2015, 09:50 PM   #29
Veteran Member

At his age the car driver ought to know and behave better.

The correct action is to pull over and phone the police. It's not to take 'em out.
exactly so!
10-21-2015, 09:23 AM   #30
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

So if you're jaywalking and I deliberately swerve out of my lane and hit you, you are equally at fault because if you hadn't been there you wouldn't have been hurt?