Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-13-2015, 02:20 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Somethings really chap my hide!

Sent four lenses to a guy, free of charge. All good, clean lenses. Went to the trouble of packaging them very securely and making the long drive into town to the post office. All I asked was for him to pay the shipping fees, which he promptly did. But, what really irks me is, I never got so much as a "Thank you" for all my trouble.

It won't keep me from being the person I am, but it sure makes it difficult at times..... know what I mean?

11-13-2015, 02:22 PM   #2
Veteran Member

That's annoying

If you send me lenses, I'll thank you

When Dlanor Sekao sent me some lenses (free with free shipping) I was worried I would over-thank him
11-13-2015, 02:46 PM   #3
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That's very sad. It seems good manners and appreciation are getting more scarce. Just know that you are a great person for helping someone else, and that someone else; well, what goes around, comes around!
11-13-2015, 02:48 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
Sent four lenses to a guy, free of charge. All good, clean lenses. Went to the trouble of packaging them very securely and making the long drive into town to the post office. All I asked was for him to pay the shipping fees, which he promptly did. But, what really irks me is, I never got so much as a "Thank you" for all my trouble.

It won't keep me from being the person I am, but it sure makes it difficult at times..... know what I mean?
Just make sure you memorize the name of this lucky but apparently inconsiderate person.
Next time you might do this: ask for a big Thank You before shipping (just as you would require a Paypal payment before shipping sold goods).

Cheers!

11-13-2015, 05:10 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rather than deal with chiselers I advertised two free working photo enlargers on craigslist.
Several callers had the nerve to ask if I would deliver them, too!

Chris
11-13-2015, 05:15 PM   #6
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wow! It's hard to believe the nerve of people, when they are getting something free!
11-13-2015, 05:16 PM   #7
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I sure do! Been there, done that, and didn't even get a T-shirt for it! They say virtue is its own reward, but it does seem pretty hollow at times.
Fortunately, there is Karma......and it works both ways!

Regards!

11-13-2015, 05:53 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I gave someone a lens once to help them out with getting started in photography. They turned right around and sold it for the money.
11-13-2015, 09:04 PM - 1 Like   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by r0ckstarr Quote
I gave someone a lens once to help them out with getting started in photography. They turned right around and sold it for the money.

Now THAT would REALLY chap my hide! I mean REALLY!

---------- Post added 11-13-15 at 09:14 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Just make sure you memorize the name of this lucky but apparently inconsiderate person.

Cheers!

Oh, rest assured, his name is imprinted on my mind. A relatively new "contributor" to the site. Hopefully, he will get some good use from them. It wasn't like I was wanting or expecting a boat load of praise, but I thought a simple "thank you" would have been in order. That was the way I was raised, but I guess others weren't as fortunate as I was.

Oh well, life goes on. Just because I had one less than optimum experience, it won't keep me from being of help if and when I have the opportunity. That in itself is it's own reward.
11-13-2015, 10:58 PM   #10
Site Supporter

It would have been polite had s/he sent a friendly email with "package arrived, lenses look great, thanks so much!"
11-13-2015, 11:51 PM   #11
Veteran Member

I mailed someone a pristine K50/1.4 a month or two ago (free including postage to the US) and haven't heard anything either.... seems silence is the new thankyou.
11-13-2015, 11:54 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Oh, rest assured, his name is imprinted on my mind. A relatively new "contributor" to the site. Hopefully, he will get some good use from them. It wasn't like I was wanting or expecting a boat load of praise, but I thought a simple "thank you" would have been in order. That was the way I was raised, but I guess others weren't as fortunate as I was.

Oh well, life goes on. Just because I had one less than optimum experience, it won't keep me from being of help if and when I have the opportunity. That in itself is it's own reward.
How long has it been? Has it been long enough for them to receive the package yet?