Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
11-15-2015, 06:08 AM - 1 Like   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Rousey vs Holm

Brutal ending. Holm was in control from the start.

Anybody else see it?

11-15-2015, 06:52 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Yup. I can't say I was disappointed by, but I feel like Holm had it in her hands from the beginning. I would have liked to have seen Rousey take it to the floor and win it, but Holm was just bubbling, couldn't be controlled. Maybe seemed like Rousey was expecting to end it quick, and the longer it went on, the more frantic she got. Kind of lost her head. Both excellent fighters, obviously, and congrats to Holm!
11-15-2015, 07:29 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Wasn't disappointed either but was impressed by Holm. Never heard of her before but I watched her fights on YT after the fight with Rousey was announced. She did what she needed to do. Shoot and move and anticipate Rosey's takedown attempts.

I hope Holm is more the confident but low key and humble type. I can't stand those mouthy Mayweather type fighters.

Last edited by Sage97; 11-15-2015 at 08:27 AM.
11-15-2015, 08:51 AM   #4
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Excellent fight! Holm did what she had to do and did it well. As for Rousey, maybe she never heard the old Proverb......

"Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall."

Regards!

11-15-2015, 09:00 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sage97 Quote
I hope Holm is more the confident but low key and humble type. I can't stand those mouthy Mayweather type fighters.
Like McGregor, you mean? :-D And I agree... She did seem very gracious.

I kind of expected more out of Hall v Whittaker... and not 100% convinced of the scorecards there... Did you see that one?
11-15-2015, 09:06 AM   #6

Refused to shake hand, got knocked out. I think Ronda was becoming too arrogant and someone had to bring her down to earth.
11-15-2015, 01:34 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
Like McGregor, you mean? :-D And I agree... She did seem very gracious.

I kind of expected more out of Hall v Whittaker... and not 100% convinced of the scorecards there... Did you see that one?
Yes like McGregor. Missed the Hall/Whitaker bout. I'll have to look it up on YouTube.

QuoteOriginally posted by mnj11 Quote
Refused to shake hand, got knocked out. I think Ronda was becoming too arrogant and someone had to bring her down to earth.
Or at least down to the canvas!

I know that the arrogance, the trash talk and all that are parts of the intimidation mind games as well as business advertisement so it's not always easy to see the real person behind the tactics. After a while though, it gets really annoying and off putting. It makes the sports fans want to see you annihilated just to shut you up.

11-15-2015, 04:05 PM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by Sage97 Quote
Yes like McGregor. Missed the Hall/Whitaker bout. I'll have to look it up on YouTube.

Or at least down to the canvas!

I know that the arrogance, the trash talk and all that are parts of the intimidation mind games as well as business advertisement so it's not always easy to see the real person behind the tactics. After a while though, it gets really annoying and off putting. It makes the sports fans want to see you annihilated just to shut you up.
That's true. She needs to sit down and clear her head. She should take a break from all that fame and exposure and get back to basics that made her who she is. Hope she learns from her mistakes and comes back for a rematch and may be this time around, she'll be a bit humbler
11-15-2015, 04:11 PM   #9
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Ladbrokes were offering $1.05/$11 ... surely, it was still a two horse race!
11-16-2015, 04:32 AM - 3 Likes   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mnj11 Quote
Well wouldn't you refuse to shake hands with someone who was going to knock you out?
11-16-2015, 06:44 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I was watching old reruns last night of Holyfield/Tyson.....it could have been worse, at least Holm didn't get an ear lobe bitten off in Rousey's frustration.

Regards!
11-16-2015, 07:56 PM - 1 Like   #12
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I was watching old reruns last night of Holyfield/Tyson.....it could have been worse, at least Holm didn't get an ear lobe bitten off in Rousey's frustration.

Regards!
"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Mike Tyson