Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 13 Likes Search this Thread
11-17-2015, 02:59 PM - 1 Like   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Adorama customer service

I wanted to share what a great company Adorama is! They put their customers first & foremost! In another thread I had posted about my backordered Pentax 50 F1.8 lens shipped 3 day UPS. The UPS driver chose to hook this package on my mailbox which is 2 miles from my house, right next to a busy road. By the time I saw on the tracking that the package "was confirmed delivered", 3 hours had passed. I went down to check if by change they left it there; it was gone!

I of course contacted UPS, and also Adorama. Adorama is not waiting for the long delay of the claim to go thru, I got an e-mail that a replacement lens is being shipped today! Now, they could have waited until this claim was settled by UPS; they put their customer first, and shipped another lens immediately!! Now, that's what I call going above & beyond what is expected of customer service!

Just wanted to give Adorama a big thank you for caring for their customers!!!

Last edited by csa; 11-18-2015 at 03:51 PM.
11-17-2015, 03:06 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Great!

Good thing you're finally getting your 50...
11-17-2015, 03:12 PM   #3
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
It's not in my hands yet; it's again coming UPS!

Be very interesting to see if they follow the "sig required", that has been put on my record.
11-17-2015, 03:19 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
It's not in my hands yet; it's again coming UPS!

Be very interesting to see if they follow the "sig required", that has been put on my record.
Or if they'll tie it to your mailbox...

11-17-2015, 03:21 PM   #5
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Better not!!!!
11-17-2015, 03:42 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You might want to use the hold for pickup option...

Chris
11-17-2015, 04:17 PM   #7
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
You might want to use the hold for pickup option...

Chris
Then I would have to drive into town to get the pkg during UPS's very limited hours for customer pickup. Nope!

11-17-2015, 05:07 PM - 1 Like   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Good to hear they went the extra mile. You know, the one that UPS missed. And missed by a mile. (see how I tied that all together?)
11-17-2015, 05:25 PM   #9
mee
Veteran Member

Then I would have to drive into town to get the pkg during UPS's very limited hours for customer pickup. Nope!
So you're just going to let the delivery service strap the package to your mailbox again? .. and are expecting a different outcome than the previous one?
11-17-2015, 05:30 PM   #10
Adorama Camera Representative

I wanted to share what a great company Adorama is! They put their customers first & foremost! In another thread I had posted about my backordered Pentax 50 F1.8 lens shipped 3 day UPS. The UPS driver chose to hook this package on my mailbox which is 2 miles from my house, right next to a busy road. By the time I saw on the tracking that the package "was confirmed delivered", 3 hours had passed. I went down to check if by change they left it there; it was gone!

I of course contacted UPS, and also Adorama. Adorama is not waiting for the long delay of the claim to go thru, I got an e-mail that a replacement lens is being shipped today; yes again 3 day shipping! Now, they could have waited until this claim was settled by UPS; they put their customer first, and shipped another lens immediately!! Now, that's what I call going above & beyond what is expected of customer service!

Just wanted to give Adorama a big thank you for caring for their customers!!!
Thank YOU so much for posting, Carol. My colleague, Leah, arranged the speedy re-ship, so I made sure to copy your feedback over to her.

Thanks again!
11-17-2015, 06:00 PM   #11
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
So you're just going to let the delivery service strap the package to your mailbox again? .. and are expecting a different outcome than the previous one?
Yes, I am expecting a different outcome after many discussions with the supervisor locally. With a filed report, and UPS having to deal with Adorama & reimbursing them; I think the driver will be more careful in the future. In almost 20 years; this is the first time this has happened to me; so I'm not letting one episode lower my expectations.
11-17-2015, 06:04 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Subbed. Awaiting post from delivery.
11-17-2015, 06:09 PM - 1 Like   #13
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Helen, thank you for forwarding this to Leah! It's people like you & Leah, that makes Adorama such a great company!

I thought I would have to wait a long time, till the claim was settled before receiving the replacement lens. What a wonderful surprise that it's on it's way!

My deepest thanks to you & Leah and Adorama!
11-18-2015, 07:23 AM - 1 Like   #14
Veteran Member

Fantastic! I have nothing but good things to say about Adorama's customer service as well, and I hope that posting stories such as these encourages them to keep up the good work!
11-18-2015, 09:21 PM - 1 Like   #15
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
+1 for Adorama!